Bees

David006

Over the last two months we have had bees set up house in a somewhat inaccessible part of our roof (overhang) They moved house further along the veranda area and now they have done it again and now over the steps.

Don't want to harm them but the buzzing round my head when I am trying to drink beer ( yes sometimes sit on the steps) is somewhat annoying.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to prevent further incursions once they finally depart ?

Thought of throwing a few handfuls of naphthalene (mothballs) up there see if it works...any other thoughts?

No I don't want to wear my hat with the corks on..passifier.gif

Bees recently moved into a friends sala because of all the burning in the surrounding forest. He put a bunch of red ants near them, and they, along with mosquito coils helped to chase them off.

Don't do it yourself. Some of these buggers can get a bit angry when asked to vacate. Buy someone more expendable a baggie of lao khow and get 'em to do it while you go to Big C or the pub or something.

I wouldn't be getting close enough to do the mozzie coil for sure.

No chance of finding an apiarist to take them?

I you do hang around learn to say in Thai that "bee's have stung the sh&t out of me" for the hospital's benefit.

I've learnt to say "ant small a lot, colour brown bite this white man too much" fluently with various regional accents, even with my face swollen closed from the allergic reaction.

Move?

Good luck.

Most organic repellants are made from essential oils. Here you could try chilli, garlic and lemongrass to make up a spray. Chuck some in a blender half full of water and mince it up. Let it sit for a day and then strain off the fluid. Spray that on the surfaces as close as you can get and see what happens. If the smell is strong enough your bees should start to leave. If you cant get close then point a fan at them and spray the mixture in front of the fan.

Most organic repellants are made from essential oils. Here you could try chilli, garlic and lemongrass to make up a spray. Chuck some in a blender half full of water and mince it up. Let it sit for a day and then strain off the fluid. Spray that on the surfaces as close as you can get and see what happens. If the smell is strong enough your bees should start to leave. If you cant get close then point a fan at them and spray the mixture in front of the fan.

thx to all will try all...maybe hang something under the eaves where they are flying about..

cheers