Mut mee--nong khai

tara_thai

hi, i was there!!

i went with close thai friend as i was staying at his house in ban chiang khum whixh is about a 40 min motobike ride from udong thani, w/stop in middle to cool down.... he had no idea what or where it was but i being the falang tourist had done my research... and since i wanted to see plants and animals and not tourist sites per se, we went there after asking a zillion people along the way who didnt really know either... there was one sign in english and that was it...

met the professor that raises the orchids, saw the orchids dance (move to a battery powered toy piano type thing) , my friend bought me a lovely perfume supposedly made from the only orchid to have a scent, plus the essence of some black beetle (that the thai use in beetle fights, believe it not).... the only perfume i'm not allergic too, it cost 300 baht which for my friend to spend was a few days wages....the nursery?? only if you are an orchid fanatic or botanist..... nice flowers but nothing special rather like someone going to a goat show but they're not really fanatical goat lovers.... just an other green house...

sorry i lost their brochure which i had brought back to israel with me to give to an orchid grower near my kibbutz but never did... name of perfume:

toob moob 'maeng kaeng'

supposed to be aphrodisiac... i just liked the scent and i get good feedback when i where it (didnt buy it for that purpose it was a gift to me and he didnt intend it either, just wanted to give me a souvenir/gift)

i rather remember eating sweet sticky rice in bamboo while sitting on back of motorbike on way back home more favourably and then looking at orchids behind friend's rice fields.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...