Bike Videos.

skybluestu

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is all about finding the center of gravity which Indian people are the masters of it. once you find it, it will not be heavy. I see people carrying a lot more on their heads actually there!

• 3 weeks later...

it is all about finding the center of gravity which Indian people are the masters of it. once you find it, it will not be heavy. I see people carrying a lot more on their heads actually there!

Finding the center of gravity will ensure it is balanced..it can have no bearing at all on how heavy it is...100 kilos for eg is still 100 kilos, balanced or not balanced...

The person lifting things on the head has to have the core strength to do so..the ability to balance it just makes it steadier.

Finding the center of gravity will ensure it is balanced..it can have no bearing at all on how heavy it is...100 kilos for eg is still 100 kilos, balanced or not balanced...

The person lifting things on the head has to have the core strength to do so..the ability to balance it just makes it steadier.

once you find the center of gravity, it will feel like a lot lighter that it is and easier to control the weight. get a stick and try to find its c.o.g. and you will understand.

but again, this video is nothing. I have seen them carrying much more that this on their head in India!

once you find the center of gravity, it will feel like a lot lighter that it is and easier to control the weight. get a stick and try to find its c.o.g. and you will understand.

but again, this video is nothing. I have seen them carrying much more that this on their head in India!

Yes i fully understand the effects of center of mass/gravity..and i also have seen people carrying huge weights on their head ..the fact still is tho' that having the center of gravity of the load vertically above the centerline of the human body is only one small part of it..yes, its a balanced load and this makes it more manageable only.

These people have developed their whole core body strength focused on this ,.and their neck muscles especially so , One, for the balance function, but more importantly for the weight carrying .

Without this increased strength gained from specific muscle developement and increased spinal density these people, not matter how good they are at balancing a load simply could not do as they do.

It is core body strength that allows them to do so.

They may well make it look easier/lighter but the fact is that it is only their increased load carrying training over many years gives them this ability.

Just because someone can find the center of gravity of a load has very little bearing on how heavy a load they can carry..Yes?

Yes i fully understand the effects of center of mass/gravity..and i also have seen people carrying huge weights on their head ..the fact still is tho' that having the center of gravity of the load vertically above the centerline of the human body is only one small part of it..yes, its a balanced load and this makes it more manageable only.

These people have developed their whole core body strength focused on this ,.and their neck muscles especially so , One, for the balance function, but more importantly for the weight carrying .

Without this increased strength gained from specific muscle developement and increased spinal density these people, not matter how good they are at balancing a load simply could not do as they do.

It is core body strength that allows them to do so.

They may well make it look easier/lighter but the fact is that it is only their increased load carrying training over many years gives them this ability.

Just because someone can find the center of gravity of a load has very little bearing on how heavy a load they can carry..Yes?

no. still, load feels lighter.

555 the bikes aint that quick in any of the above vids

Er..that's because the above vid is in slow-motion.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1407324852.965479.jpg

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

it was a tongue n cheek comment that obviously went right over your head and was in relation to the cbr hitting 299kph coffee1.gif ,or maybe you didn't watch the vid of the bike hitting 409kph.

Edited by taninthai

How would you have handled this situation?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1530718373827525&id=1391075851125112

Suzuki GSX-R100 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Would have worn a helmet.

Sigh!

Try looking at the incident from the point of view of the guy with the helmet cam, not the retard who turned onto a main road without looking.

I thought that would've been obvious.

My friend in SoCal starting his Y2K jet bike for the first time in nearly a year (the thing is a maintenance nightmare, which isn't terribly surprisingly) - some rather rude language at the end after he realized he'd been working on it for hours before noticing the problem was related to a single wire...;). This guy owns a couple hundred bikes- Ducatis, Bimotas, rarities, etc- it's sickening:)

My friend in SoCal starting his Y2K jet bike for the first time in nearly a year (the thing is a maintenance nightmare, which isn't terribly surprisingly) - some rather rude language at the end after he realized he'd been working on it for hours before noticing the problem was related to a single wire...wink.png. This guy owns a couple hundred bikes- Ducatis, Bimotas, rarities, etc- it's sickening:)

haha.cool.

it comes with an infusion stand though!

I'm not sure if LiveLeak videos can be embedded, but this is probably the best possible outcome for a high-speed crash (edited- found it on YouTube):

http://youtu.be/G4ZTxggubm4

haha, was just about to post that.

Possibly the guy is a Ninja or the luckiest riders around!

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/08/20/11/52/biker-somersaults-lands-on-moving-car-on-his-feet

Edited by ll2