Tot Modem Called 'Billion'

doppa

so we bought this 'wi-fi' modem when we switched to tot, the last week or so the internet has been crap, hotmail, facebook, opening any sites, massive issues lie they wont open, so switched back to the old belkin modem, and lo and behold, all is well with the world, so the techies out there, can you explain this, because when i ring tot tomorrow i know they wont have a clue.

I have used Billion for over 10 years now.

In your setting for the Wi Fi.

Has it been configured for the TOT settings.

yep, they set the whole thing up, the technician was here on friday for 3 hrs, and it still didnt work.

when we first use TOT the internet was crap obviously with Billion modem, i kept caling them to find out till they said it was the problem from the cable line outside the house . whenever my internet speed is droup or dc too often i call them instaly ,just keep calling till they feel u r annoyed them then they will do the best not to make u call them again (this is what i learnt ) . by the way i switch to D.link modem as it give stronger wiless signal

:) good luck

I've had to replace three "Billion" wifi routers, the first two were under warranty, the last not.

Found an excellent old 3Com with very high-end firewall features at Pantip for ß1400 six years ago and haven't had to (physically) touch it other than the occasional reset.

This may have a million reasons best left unconsidered.

If it works better with your old modem, just use the old one. I had the reverse case where my old D-LINK gave very poor results with TOT while the cheap Billion modem worked OK. Played with all settings, but to no avail. The only complaint about the Billion modem I have is that I had to replace the antenna, because they gave me a defective one (twice!) and the WIFI signal is quite weak. I fixed the latter problem with a signal booster device.

Cheers, CMExpat

There are so many possibilities it's impossible to diagnose from a forum post but two things which almost universally seem to reduce the number of complaints about a Thai ADSL connection are:

1) Use openDNS or Google's DNS servers - the ISP servers are slow and unreliable from my experience.

2) Use a brand name ADSL router, particularly if you are using WiFi and make sure it's running on a different channel to your neighbours'.

A Google search will explain how to do either of those two things, so I won't bother to explain further.