Looking For A Honda Rebel 250Cc

jaideecm

Anyone out there seen and know how i can get this cycle in Thailand please let me know as i want one.

It´s an entry-level bike, sure, but it boasts big-bike styling with its timeless cruiser looks and nifty chrome highlights. Its reliable 234cc four-stroke twin delivers smooth power, and its five-speed transmission is a no-brainer to shift. Why pay more for a lesser bike? The Rebel´s sticker price is as unbelievable as its outstanding fuel economy—proof positive it´s a Honda.

I don't care about the color. I want the Bike.

Cheers,

Randy

I see these all over the internet and around Bangkok for sale for about 30-40K. I test drove one last year. Cute little bike. No power, but this one was in very rough shape. I passed on it.

From figures I've seen some time ago the Rebel puts out about 17 horsepower http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CMX250C Wikipedia puts it at 16. That's almost what a CBR 150 puts out. I'd take the 150. But I'd prefer the CBR 250 immensely to the Rebel. I really don't mind the slightly lean forward seating position of the CBR 250 that much either and view it as an immensely better bike than the Rebel

http://www.mocyc.com/search.php?cx=partner-pub-6758246547436040%3Ab4trn71ru3r&cof=FORID%3A9&q=honda+rebel&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&siteurl=www.mocyc.com%2F&ref=www.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dthailand%2Bmotocy.com

Repairs, maintenance, finding spare parts will be a huge PIA. Used Rebel will need a lot of work, most used Rebels in Thailand are junk. You want a small cruiser, much better to get a new Lifan 250B: http://www.lifanth.com/en/products-a-services/lifan-motorcycle/cruiser/158-lf250-b.html

http://www.mocyc.com...nd%2Bmotocy.com

Repairs, maintenance, finding spare parts will be a huge PIA. Used Rebel will need a lot of work, most used Rebels in Thailand are junk. You want a small cruiser, much better to get a new Lifan 250B: http://www.lifanth.c...58-lf250-b.html

Well, with a Rebel you might have an old piece of junk, but jury's still out on Lifan and you could end up and a new piece of junk ;)

A standard Honda Rebel is about as "exciting" as a Phantom... Yawn!

2009_Honda_Rebel_Motorcycle.jpg

But with a little work you can turn one into something special- check this one out:

a-tricked-out-honda-w.jpg

Honda Rebels are incredibly simple bikes and it wouldn't be hard at all to restore one, but I think finding one that's road legal in Thailand might be a challenge...

Best of luck!

Repairs, maintenance, finding spare parts will be a huge PIA. Used Rebel will need a lot of work, most used Rebels in Thailand are junk. You want a small cruiser, much better to get a new Lifan 250B: http://www.lifanth.c...58-lf250-b.html

Well, with a Rebel you might have an old piece of junk, but jury's still out on Lifan and you could end up and a new piece of junk wink.png

A standard Honda Rebel is about as "exciting" as a Phantom... Yawn!

2009_Honda_Rebel_Motorcycle.jpg

But with a little work you can turn one into something special- check this one out:

Honda Rebels are incredibly simple bikes and it wouldn't be hard at all to restore one, but I think finding one that's road legal in Thailand might be a challenge...

Best of luck!

Wow, that one is awesome customized like that. The purpose for my interest in the Rebel was to do something very similar to it but with the low slung drag handlebars.

To the OP, if you want a Rebel, go for it. They are harder to find than the Phantom, and parts are also very hard to find. You would want to find a mechanic that has experience working on them and make good friends. I almost never see them being driven around, but do see them for sale. Acutally, there is one for sale now for 30k that I just saw a couple of days back on one of the web boards. If you are interested, let me know and I will see if I can find which one.

Well, with a Rebel you might have an old piece of junk, but jury's still out on Lifan and you could end up and a new piece of junk wink.png

No, Lifan's fairly new to Thailand but the 250B has been sold abroad for years. Both abroad and here the feedback's been overwhelmingly positive. Friend o' mine's got one and absolutely loves it. The tech's based on the Virago. Looks a lot better than the Rebel IMO.

LF250-B.jpg

Laughable. Poor man's butt jewelry that immediately identifies one has having more money than sense.

The reason I wanted a rebel is the light weight. I travel on dirt in the mountains a lot so a heavy bike like the Phantom is out of the question. I now ride my honda dream I had since 1994 and great on the mountain trails but very uncomfortable on long rides. Below is a picture of me riding my 1966 Honda 150. This was back in 1990. I had it repainted and done like new andf i was stolen from my house a few weeks later in 1992.

randy1.jpg

The reason I wanted a rebel is the light weight. I travel on dirt in the mountains a lot so a heavy bike like the Phantom is out of the question. I now ride my honda dream I had since 1994 and great on the mountain trails but very uncomfortable on long rides. Below is a picture of me riding my 1966 Honda 150. This was back in 1990. I had it repainted and done like new andf i was stolen from my house a few weeks later in 1992.

randy1.jpg

you need a honda crf or a klx probably more than everyone on the thread thats thinking of buying one :D

they would be perfect for muddy mountain roads and more reliable than old rebels and phantoms

No, Lifan's fairly new to Thailand but the 250B has been sold abroad for years. Both abroad and here the feedback's been overwhelmingly positive. Friend o' mine's got one and absolutely loves it. The tech's based on the Virago. Looks a lot better than the Rebel IMO.

LF250-B.jpg

Laughable. Poor man's butt jewelry that immediately identifies one has having more money than sense.

Just goes to show, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, cuz personally I find the Lifan hideously ugly, but that customized Rebel pretty cool. :)

randy1.jpg

you need a honda crf or a klx probably more than everyone on the thread thats thinking of buying one biggrin.png

they would be perfect for muddy mountain roads and more reliable than old rebels and phantoms

I want a comfortable low riding bike that is low in weight. I rented off road and dirt bikes before and hated them as they are top heavy, my legs are short and I fell down all the time. I guess I stick with my dream and have my back hurt riding on long rides.

randy1.jpg

you need a honda crf or a klx probably more than everyone on the thread thats thinking of buying one biggrin.png

I want a comfortable low riding bike that is low in weight. I rented off road and dirt bikes before and hated them as they are top heavy, my legs are short and I fell down all the time. I guess I stick with my dream and have my back hurt riding on long rides.

there is a 125cc klx that might be great for you if the 250cc dirt bikes are too tall

there is also a 140cc but apparetly not road legal but for trekking in the mountains there probably not much police up there anyway

they usually gravitate to the more lucrative areas that have girls ,farangs ,alcohol :D

randy1.jpg

Have you tried a KLX125? If the KLX250 is too big and heavy the KLX125 might be just the ticket. Road legal and with warranty too :)

32855_0_1_2_klx%20125_Image%20credits%20-%20Kawasaki.jpg

Also, if seat height is a challenge it's quite easy to lower just about any bike.