Lost My License Plate

Bought a new car today get delivery tomorrow. So I stopped at my insurance company to get a price . I came out of the office and saw my license plate on my motorcyle was gone.Has anyone ever had to deal with a lost plate? I think tomorrow i will take green book and photo of bike with license holder hanging half off so they can see what I need. Does anyone know if this is a major problem or not.

Just glad my new car came in today the bike was all I had to drive for the last week since I sold my truck and am afraid to drive it without a plate, like it is now.

You will have to rapport it to the police. Armed with the policerapport, you go to your DLT-office and within a week,, you should be able to pick up a new plate. Some small fee, but no big drama.

You will have to rapport it to the police. Armed with the policerapport, you go to your DLT-office and within a week,, you should be able to pick up a new plate. Some small fee, but no big drama.

Correct, except that in stead of a week it took the DLT here over 2 months.

Correct, except that in stead of a week it took the DLT here over 2 months.

A lot of hassle for me doing it at the local motorbike-shop.

After 3 months waiting they offered me to do it myself........

cost me only 100 baht, but a lot of needless visits to the shop.

• 2 months later...

I am still waiting for the plate.The motor vehicle depatment gave me a paper in my greenbook allowing me to drive the bike for 3 months without a plate.The bad part is I will be going back to Canada to sail in 2 weeks and willnot be back till end of July. So if the plate comes in while I am away I hope they keep it for me.