Any Worm Farms Near Bangkok?

Specificly, looking for Nightcrawlers, and not sure if anyone deals in the them over here? I have found plenty of places to find small worms, like the red wigglers back home, but wanting to try nightcrawlers on some of the fish here!

We have nightcrawlers, (African) but they are mixed in with red tigers and blue worms. Also we are not near Bangkok, we're in Roi Et. See our website, URL on my profile. You could try T-Worm in Bangkok, Google for it.

Cheers WF

Edited by WormFarmer

I wonder if any one could help me. I had some earth delivered a month or so ago and have prepared two garden areas by my house which I am in the process of planting. The earth is only about 40cm deep laid over sand and a mix of rubble and earth used for raising the level of the land. I would like to introduce some worms to help aerate the ground. The earth was quite clayey. What type of worms should I introduce and where can I buy them? Any pointers would be appreciated.

I wonder if any one could help me. I had some earth delivered a month or so ago and have prepared two garden areas by my house which I am in the process of planting. The earth is only about 40cm deep laid over sand and a mix of rubble and earth used for raising the level of the land. I would like to introduce some worms to help aerate the ground. The earth was quite clayey. What type of worms should I introduce and where can I buy them? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi Garry, I am not an authority on soil improvement, we just breed worms. Basically worms can live in any medium where there is organic matter for them to eat and moisture, although having said that certain compost worm types can be quite choosy about their environment. So if your "soil" contains organic matter such as dead leaves, cut grass etc. the worms can survive. They won't burrow down into areas where there is no food. Bog standard earthworms can exist in almost any environment provided they can eat, they will burrow around in the soil and in the process aerate the soil. Compost worms will live nearer the surface eating whatever organic waste is on or just under the surface, turning it into wormcast. Either sort can only benefit the soil. Cheers WF

Here's a sure-fire recipe, turned an in-parts-4m-down house excavation site of bare clay into a garden paradise in less than eight months. On all the below don't get too obsessive about chemical issues, but do avoid any obvious dangers.

Find a local chicken farm and arrange to take away their chicken manure. Other shit will work as well I'm sure, but probably best to avoid human waste.

Find a source of cardboard or other sheet paper waste - newspapers work fine.

Do the same with a sawmill to get their sawdust.

Obtain the plants you want to grow, or start off seedlings in liter+ sized cups of good soil mix. Buy bags of good soil mix, about say 10% of what you'd need if you were laying down 3 inches over the whole area.

If you don't already have them, buy a digging spade, a gardening trowel, and a long "straight crow bar" IOW iron spike, as heavy as you can work with, for me, five foot long was right.

Either yourself or through hired labor get it transported to your site by the truckload - do the chickenshit last, and only when you are ready to start on the below. It's OK to do small areas at a time if you need to, but do all three layers at once for any given area.

First lay down the paper or cardboard sheeting, overlapping so no parts bare clay.

Then the chickshit, at least 3-4 inches deep. If you have any other organic waste (stuff you would compost) put it down first, but usually this is the hardest to come by in bulk.

Put the sawdust on top, at least 8 inches deep.

Clear the sawdust a bit to mark planting holes at your desired spacing, use the spike to pierce though to the underlying clay - through the paper layer. Put a shovelful of soil in the hole, let it mound a bit above the top level of the sawdust. Tamp it down a bit with the flat of the shovel, and use the trowel to insert your plants into the middle of that.

Instant garden! Be sure to keep them well watered, especially at the early stages until their roots have penetrated the bottom layers and started breaking up the clay.

If you don't have the plants, you can start with everything but them and the soil and come back anytime within six months and everything will be that much more ready for planting, but it really isn't necessary to wait no matter what people will tell you about the roots being burned by the manure.

Don't worry about adding worms, believe me the place will be crawling with all kinds of beneficial wildlife under the paper layer.

Here's a sure-fire recipe, turned an in-parts-4m-down house excavation site of bare clay into a garden paradise in less than eight months. On all the below don't get too obsessive about chemical issues, but do avoid any obvious dangers.

Find a local chicken farm and arrange to take away their chicken manure. Other shit will work as well I'm sure, but probably best to avoid human waste.

Find a source of cardboard or other sheet paper waste - newspapers work fine.

Do the same with a sawmill to get their sawdust.

Obtain the plants you want to grow, or start off seedlings in liter+ sized cups of good soil mix. Buy bags of good soil mix, about say 10% of what you'd need if you were laying down 3 inches over the whole area.

If you don't already have them, buy a digging spade, a gardening trowel, and a long "straight crow bar" IOW iron spike, as heavy as you can work with, for me, five foot long was right.

Either yourself or through hired labor get it transported to your site by the truckload - do the chickenshit last, and only when you are ready to start on the below. It's OK to do small areas at a time if you need to, but do all three layers at once for any given area.

First lay down the paper or cardboard sheeting, overlapping so no parts bare clay.

Then the chickshit, at least 3-4 inches deep. If you have any other organic waste (stuff you would compost) put it down first, but usually this is the hardest to come by in bulk.

Put the sawdust on top, at least 8 inches deep.

Clear the sawdust a bit to mark planting holes at your desired spacing, use the spike to pierce though to the underlying clay - through the paper layer. Put a shovelful of soil in the hole, let it mound a bit above the top level of the sawdust. Tamp it down a bit with the flat of the shovel, and use the trowel to insert your plants into the middle of that.

Instant garden! Be sure to keep them well watered, especially at the early stages until their roots have penetrated the bottom layers and started breaking up the clay.

If you don't have the plants, you can start with everything but them and the soil and come back anytime within six months and everything will be that much more ready for planting, but it really isn't necessary to wait no matter what people will tell you about the roots being burned by the manure.

Don't worry about adding worms, believe me the place will be crawling with all kinds of beneficial wildlife under the paper layer.

Well said and done. Too hard for me though, I would be needing some crow bar accesories, a handle and a hose and a very large air compressor.

Just kidding, worms do not live in clay in my experience. Give a no dig garden a crack.