Green Book - New Owner - Do I Need To Go In Person?

LDNBKK86

Great news, thanks

forgot to mention ,they will need to check the frame number + engine number so if the bike is worth serious cash

you may not want a kid from the bike shop entrusted to riding it down it there

:)

I did it myself 3 times. Went to DLT at Chatuchak with the bike. All told, about 30-45 minutes from walking in, renew insurance, changing my name and the bike color, inspection of the bike - checking frame and engine numbers, then out the door. 2-3 days later they called and said the book was ready for pickup. Always better to do it in person.

I did it myself 3 times. Went to DLT at Chatuchak with the bike. All told, about 30-45 minutes from walking in, renew insurance, changing my name and the bike color, inspection of the bike - checking frame and engine numbers, then out the door. 2-3 days later they called and said the book was ready for pickup. Always better to do it in person.

i lost my number plate + tax (stolen from bike ) ,a shop sorted it for 500 thb

i hate those places ,i dont mind paying a few thb to let someone else sort it if possible

i hate those places ,i dont mind paying a few thb to let someone else sort it if possible

I have only been to 3.

The first at Nakhon Si Thamarat where I bought my Honda Phantom. It was originally rejected due to me not having a residence certificate but we fixed that in 45 minutes by going to Immigration and getting a letter after which there was no problem.

The second is my usual DLT at Khampaeng Phet who are very helpful in all departments and also farang friendly.

The third was at Chatuchak where I had my Yamaha Virago done. That took about 3 hours as the previous owner was a diplomat and the lady at the reception desk initially was going to send me elsewhere until the diplomats agent turned up.

He got the correct info but we had to go to 3 different buildings plus the inspection area and then they made up new plates. Apart from that I found once again the people working there are helpful and friendly.

I prefer to do it myself, at least the first time. That way, I know the process, and if someone tries to tell me differently, or they try to charge me a very high "fixer" fee, then I know enough to tell them I know better. I don't mind paying someone else to do something for me if I don't have the time, as long as they are not trying to over charge me.