Open Bank Account

Read some threads, Seem like some people find it easy to open account but as i am coming back in March with my Thai partner and our children i was thinking of opening a bank account in my name, Is there any places around Sukhimvit area which may be easy to opne account? I will have passport australian drivers license international drivers license , if i need more thing could someone shed some light my way and to let me know where is good to open, I want to tranfer money from my bank in Australia to my hopefully new thai bank account on a regular basis when i return to Australia.. For address in Thailand i was going to use my partners address inSurin so i will wait for some replies as i leave in 2 weeks to L.O.S.. thanks

Tinytot, You will no doubt get a number of replies based on posters personal experience. You have all the documents required which should be sufficent for any Bank to open your account. I attach a link to Bangkok bank website.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Foreign%20Customers/Pages/Opening%20an%20account%20new.aspx

Tinytot: You claim that you did "read some threads". So why then the question? Just arrive, go to the area in question and go from bank to bank and ask for opening an account for you... no need for another of those threads...

Banks that are collocated with immigration offices will be your best bet, as they get a great deal of these types of requests. There is a large government complex in my area (Don Mueang) with several banks on the basement level. Kasikorn Bank's only question for me was "and how much will you be depositing today?" I was on a 60 day tourist visa at the time.

I wanted to open an account in krungsi with my wife, depositing over 2 million thb plus sending TT regularly from uk but bank told me i needed a non (0) visa, even though im married to a thai and we have two houses in thailand. I wanted my name on account but they said i needed the non (0) yearly visa. i had an account with kasikorn before this and there was no problem whatsoever with them, on hindsight i should of stuck with kasikorn bank. Now me and wife are in uk and all my money is in her account so cant wait untill we go back to make sure i get my name on account.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com