Proof Of Residence

prefabs

You are asking for the nearest office but won't tell us the nearest office to where. There is no near office to you overseas. The nearest office to the airport you arrive in will be in BKK probably. Since you know where the Jomtien office is you can just go there. I honestly think you need to go to the office closest to the residential address you are providing. Unless you want to disclose that here then your question will go without a more specific answer.

Kamphaeng Phet comes under Nakhon Sawan Immigration Office. A quick search on TV would have found that.

The OP mentioned where he was living in the title of this topic!

ph34r.png

All it says for topic is proof of residence in my mobile app. Does it list his city for you?

Kamphaeng Phet comes under Nakhon Sawan Immigration Office. A quick search on TV would have found that.

ph34r.png

All it says for topic is proof of residence in my mobile app. Does it list his city for you?

Yes, it says "where can I get this near Kamphaeng Phet" on my notebook. Perhaps the OP should have mentioned it in his post. A bit sloppy, but up to him I guess!.

Edited by phutoie2

ph34r.png

Yes, it says "where can I get this near Kamphaeng Phet" on my notebook. Perhaps the OP should have mentioned it in his post. A bit sloppy, but up to him I guess!.

I apologise to all you speed readers who didn't even look at the title. Next time I will put my date of birth, mother's maiden name, place of birth, shoe size, hair colour, etc. etc. Thanks for the Nakhon Sawan information.

btw, answers are as follows 14 September 1950, Allisson, K******** (Scotland) 10 and grey

ph34r.png

I apologise to all you speed readers who didn't even look at the title. Next time I will put my date of birth, mother's maiden name, place of birth, shoe size, hair colour, etc. etc. Thanks for the Nakhon Sawan information.

btw, answers are as follows 14 September 1950, Allisson, K******** (Scotland) 10 and grey

just be aware that no one using the mobile app can see the sub topic text. it's best if you put that information in your post as then it can be read by all. Just trying to give you good advice to get your question answered the fastest.

And no one cared where outside the country you are obviously. The question was to figure out where you are in relation to the office you would best visit. Like I said, you put that info in a place that is not seen by mobile users using the Thaivisa app.

Edited by Jayman

ph34r.png

well a notebook is not the thai visa mobile app as used by many users here including the ones that responded with questions to the OP. But obviously not you. The point is that to make the topic more quickly answered by the most amount of users the info should be contained in the first post as the stuff in the "Sub topic" area is NOT visible on either android or IOS using the mobile app.

post-32036-0-23829600-1331718474_thumb.j

Edited by Jayman

Just go to the local police station for a letter.

Thanks for that, never thought about that way to go.

For all those people who are reading this on their new Super Phones. Doesn't it worry you that some parts of messages are not being shown? Never given it much thought before, but I can see problems arising from this

You cant in K.P.Phet now use the P/Station. You have to go to the Town hall Amper, they will type out a form with your bit's on it and then you have to take that to your local village head man for his signature. (The T/H will give you his address) Then back to the T/H for them to counter sign it then your ok to use the same as proof of address.

Tip 1, take along some one that speak's Thai.

Tip 2, if you go into the T/H go to the rear of entrance hall turn left and go in the last door on the left, (All the other door before that go into the same room but that will save you climbing over thousand's of Thai's) on the right there's a desk for signing in ask what you have to do from there.

Hope this help's.

You cant in K.P.Phet now use the P/Station. You have to go to the Town hall Amper, they will type out a form with your bit's on it and then you have to take that to your local village head man for his signature. (The T/H will give you his address) Then back to the T/H for them to counter sign it then your ok to use the same as proof of address.

Tip 2, if you go into the T/H go to the rear of entrance hall turn left and go in the last door on the left, (All the other door before that go into the same room but that will save you climbing over thousand's of Thai's) on the right there's a desk for signing in ask what you have to do from there.

Hope this help's.

thanks Fred

Hope this help's.

thanks Fred

Your welcome if you need anymore information put another post in or send me a PM.

Just get your own Yellow tabien baan book and you'll never need a letter ever again.

True but you have to be married maybe the op is not. In K.P.P. to get a yellow book take's bundel's of paper work and about 4 day's. K.P.P T/H is very slow at doing thing's.

I posted the bug in the support forum yesterday once the issue came to my attention from this thread.

clap2.gif

However you did keep on harping on about it without giving the OP the answer to the question, so please keep your silly toys to yourself passifier.gif unless you know how to use them. spamsign.gif

Win from Kan coffee1.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this help's.

Brilliant advice fredob43, did it today but you are right, what a palaver. Gf was shown eventually to a man who was to help us. He had no idea what to do, but his boss, a lady, kinda ordered him to gte on with it. Gf didn't understand why he needed to know how much I earned (she has no idea) and how much I gave her every month etc. Bless her, she didn't recognise it as a hint that a bribe was in order. He wanted us to go to the village and BRING the orbotor back with us to prove that I lived there. Would have been total of 180 kms for the trips. Anyway, pleading ignorance worked and we got the letter without going back for even a signature. Suppose we were there for 2 hours altogther before and after lunch. Took the paperwork to the Licence place, out in 10 minutes. Thanks Fred

Hope this help's.

Brilliant advice fredob43, did it today but you are right, what a palaver. Gf was shown eventually to a man who was to help us. He had no idea what to do, but his boss, a lady, kinda ordered him to gte on with it. Gf didn't understand why he needed to know how much I earned (she has no idea) and how much I gave her every month etc. Bless her, she didn't recognise it as a hint that a bribe was in order. He wanted us to go to the village and BRING the orbotor back with us to prove that I lived there. Would have been total of 180 kms for the trips. Anyway, pleading ignorance worked and we got the letter without going back for even a signature. Suppose we were there for 2 hours altogther before and after lunch. Took the paperwork to the Licence place, out in 10 minutes. Thanks Fred

Your welcome only two hour A you were lucky. I have lived in K.P.P. for over 6 year's and by now I know the in's and out's of the place any other info you require just ask.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ph34r.png

Doesn't mention it on my pc in a Nakhon Sawan internet shop.

ph34r.png

Doesn't mention it on my pc in a Nakhon Sawan internet shop.

No it doesn't but it did other wise he wouldn't have got a reply from me. Heading was where can I get proof of residence in K.P.P. TV must have changed it. TIT

No idea what has happened here, but my original heading definitely said Kaempheng Phet. It has gone now. Wonder who has the abilities to change this?

More than likely one of the Mod's trying to get yet another post in.

Hope your settling in ok P/F, best of luck with all your endeavours.

Hi, don't know if this helps. I am married to a Thai lady, and stay here on a Retirement Visa. I needed proof of residence for my 5 year driving licence, (I live in Phetchabun). The very helpful young lady who works at the licence office, sent us to see the Mayor. I filled in a form, showed my passport and my wife showed her ID and blue house book (I'm not on it), and 15 minutes later we had a letter, which was accepted at the licence office.

I had to take the in-office test, colour chart, stop the pedal before it goes red, and balance the two white sticks, along with a new test, where I had to place my chin on a machine, while the tester illuminated various coloured lights at the edge of my field of vision, while I said which colours were lit. I passed and now have the 5 year licence.

Hi, don't know if this helps. I am married to a Thai lady, and stay here on a Retirement Visa. I needed proof of residence for my 5 year driving licence, (I live in Phetchabun). The very helpful young lady who works at the licence office, sent us to see the Mayor. I filled in a form, showed my passport and my wife showed her ID and blue house book (I'm not on it), and 15 minutes later we had a letter, which was accepted at the licence office.

I had to take the in-office test, colour chart, stop the pedal before it goes red, and balance the two white sticks, along with a new test, where I had to place my chin on a machine, while the tester illuminated various coloured lights at the edge of my field of vision, while I said which colours were lit. I passed and now have the 5 year licence.

Every ware in Thailand the rule's seem to change TIT I suppose but if you are married you can at the Phetchabun Ampher get a yellow book last for ever, open's lot's of door's cost free + a tip for the person that does it but that's up to you. In K.P.P. if you have an English or other driving license no need for any form of test. So save's all the palaver.

@fredob43, (sorry the quotes buttons don't work for me )

I did my first (one year), driving licence last year, and only had to do the first three tests I described above, due to showing my UK licence. What is K.P.P ??Thanks for the reply in the Makro thread, I couldn't thank you on there, due to the page not fully loading.

These letters are free of charge from immigration offices (THB 500 to the unwary) or the OP can sign a statutary declaration @ Embassy & hope the licencing authorities accept it (they are supposed to but TIT).

HTH

Edited by evadgib

@fredob43, (sorry the quotes buttons don't work for me )

I did my first (one year), driving licence last year, and only had to do the first three tests I described above, due to showing my UK licence. What is K.P.P ??Thanks for the reply in the Makro thread, I couldn't thank you on there, due to the page not fully loading.

K.P.P is Kamphaeng Phet sorry for that but save's all the tapping. I just had to show my English driving licence when I got my one year one's Car M/C for the 5 year one's just proof of address (Yellow book) old licence and Passport.

Re Makro as they sell most thing's in lot's/pack's not singular not always easy to work price's out. But they do have a very good freezer department, fresh veg, meat, and fish, are also very good price wise normaly much cheaper, if compaired to place's like Tesco, Big C, local market's. Just be careful and you can save bundle's. One thing not to good is their cake department where the price for same can be up to 20% dearer.

EG I just got an LG TV 42" price Makro 15,500bt same thing in Big C 19,900bt the saving's are there you just have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

N/B not all Makro prices are the same depend's on where they are Pattaya is expencive so is Pitsanulok if compaired to Makro K.P.P & N/Sawan.

Hope this help's.

Edited by fredob43