Out Of Sync Weather In Thailand

welshtony

This may be a "how long is a piece of string" type question! It seems that the normally predictable weather systems in Thailand are late this year. People in Phuket are saying it was drier longer and that it is a lot wetter a lot later this year!

Myself and my partner only have until the end of January in Thailand b4 moving on to OZ, we also have mates coming out to visit us for January. At the moment Phuket has the best weather we have seen even though its hammering down today.

Are any of you in the know out there as to where will have reliable good weather for this last stint of our holiday as we do not want to bring our friends out for a wet couple fo weeks and really want to make the most of thailand while we can.

At the moment we are considering staying in Phuket till end of Jan as heard Samui, gulf coast etc has taken quite a beating recently! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!...Cheers!!!

Welshtony.

You said it yourself. The weather is hardly predictable; it seems to be messed up all over the world.

When I was living in Pattaya ten years ago it followed the perfect standard pattern: wet and humid from June to November, cool from November to March and hot from March to June.

This year, after moving to Pattaya from Spain in July, we hardly had any rain till September. And we only recently had big thunderstorms which should have taken place in August...

The same goes for Spain, and probably for the rest of Europe as well. The last couple of years the summers were much hotter and the winters much colder. Where I lived, in Valencia, winter 2004/2005 was the coldest in 60 years.

:D

You said it yourself. The weather is hardly predictable; it seems to be messed up all over the world.

When I was living in Pattaya ten years ago it followed the perfect standard pattern: wet and humid from June to November, cool from November to March and hot from March to June.

This year, after moving to Pattaya from Spain in July, we hardly had any rain till September. And we only recently had big thunderstorms which should have taken place in August...

The same goes for Spain, and probably for the rest of Europe as well. The last couple of years the summers were much hotter and the winters much colder. Where I lived, in Valencia, winter 2004/2005 was the coldest in 60 years.

:D I predict Jan will be nice all over Thailand.No refunds from me. :o

Sounds like global warming etc is messing up all weather systems - my old dear said they are predicted the coldest winter for 31 years in U.K. Reckon I will hole up in Phuket where the weather hasnt been too bad up until the past week then come back to Thailand on return from Australia to have a proper look around! - Was due to go Bali but dont want to risk it so will pay to change flights to thailand. Cheers for the advice guys.

Bye the way..which internet weather forecast sight do you trust most? Half of them seem to be unabel to predict their next bowel movement! I know its not an exact science but one must be better than the others! Im fed up of seeing "thundesrstorms -60% chance of rain" and then getting a lovely day in the sun, only to be followed by "sunshine friday" booking a boat trip and getting urinated on from a great height!

Shouldnt be complaining as thailand is my favourite country so far and my boys back home are freezing - not to mention working, but im British and we all moan like thai people sleep!

Cheers!

Welshtony