Self-Defense Within Your Home

connda

i heard a thai can legally own a gun for self defense and if necessary shoot a burglar and that is legal

of course ,if a farang shoots a thai burglar ,everything might be completely differnt wink.png

check this with a laywer before you shoot anyone though !

You are correct, A thai can legally own a gun for protection and can use deadly force if someone enters your home.

I don't think (don't quote me though) that they even need to be armed.

I know where we are the people are not exactly Hiso high class type of lawyers, but around here they seem to feel it is OK to shoot someone for entering your land at nigh (probably due to the rising thefts of pumps and equipment)

I was told by a Thai cop that if you did shoot someone, throw the gun away and wash the powder residue off youir hands with petrol and that would probably be the end of it! (somehow - I think he missed out a sentence where you paid lots of money to him too)

"Honest officer, we have no idea how this bullet ridden corpse ended up in our living room"?

That doesn't sound right.....

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I have considered getting a gun as the thought having to get close enough to an intruder to use a Machete doesn't fill me with glee. I'd much prefer to blast a shotgun shell out of the window. And then be able to stand off if things got worse.

I enquired at my local shooting range and was told that for 20k baht I could get an unlicensed shotgun.

I think it would be better to get the wife to legally own one and simply tell the police that it was her, not me, who did any shooting...not sure.

For the time being we simply lock the bedroom door and have a knife in the room... but getting in through the false ceiling would be simple enough.

Cheers

James

I have considered getting a gun as the thought having to get close enough to an intruder to use a Machete doesn't fill me with glee. I'd much prefer to blast a shotgun shell out of the window. And then be able to stand off if things got worse.

I enquired at my local shooting range and was told that for 20k baht I could get an unlicensed shotgun.

I think it would be better to get the wife to legally own one and simply tell the police that it was her, not me, who did any shooting...not sure.

For the time being we simply lock the bedroom door and have a knife in the room... but getting in through the false ceiling would be simple enough.

Cheers

James

If the gun is legal it doesn't matter who uses it in a self defense situation where lethal force was warranted.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

James

farang can legally own a gun. ( If you have the proper papers and $$ to get the proper papers).