Stolen Bike Insurance

Asianrider

Today placed a new order with Mityon in Pattaya for PCX 150. They are offering extra insurance for 3,900 baht if the bike is stolen in the first 2 years. Do other TV members think this is reasonably priced, and a good option ? Interested in any comments you may have ..

I like to have theft insurance with a shiny new bike, would def. get it for a new PCX

Whether or not that's a good deal depends on the terms - how much of the purchase value would you get back if it were to be stolen?

Read the policy details to see how much of the value of the bike is covered. Most policies in Thailand cover 80% of the value the first year and it goes down, sometimes a lot, in following years. PCX are a pretty hot item for thieves so I'd say insuring your new scoot would be a good idea. Happy Trails! Tony

When i bought my PCX over 2 years ago, I took the optional 2 year theft insurance back then. It was 100% for the first year and 80% for the second. Obviously this could all have changed but for how much they are charging and for peace of mind for your new purchase i'd say it was a no brainer really...

When i bought my PCX over 2 years ago, I took the optional 2 year theft insurance back then. It was 100% for the first year and 80% for the second. Obviously this could all have changed but for how much they are charging and for peace of mind for your new purchase i'd say it was a no brainer really...

thanks guys for last 3 posts

will check the terms and update the post

I bought a new PCX 2 days ago and started with 2 years of theft insurance and when the sales folks were doing the paperwork they offered me an additional year for an additional 100 THB. I think the price you quoted was the same I was offered.

I would ask how much an additional year (3rd) would cost if available from your dealer. Just a suggestion.

Mityon ( opposite Carrefour / Big C Extra ) terms were first year 85%, then second year only 65%. And it takes 3-4 months to pay out normally if you claim..

They did suggest going to a private company and paying for first class insurance independently.

Think I will probably just skip it altogether, normally am careful where I leave the bike.