Looking For Knife Sharpener

CanInBKK

Anybody know where I can get a flat diamond bench stone in Bangkok for sharpening my kitchen knives? I've got regular whetstones which do the job well albeit slow. I'm totally not into kitchen "gadgets" that promise a razor sharp knife as I prefer to be in control of the angle - I'm also pretty certain I can get a knife for sharper using a bench stone.

Something like this found locally?

http://www.dmtsharp....tones/duosharp/

Thanks for any input!!

if ye check out the website that you indicate there is an 'international shipping' facility for these products...check it out...

I make do with a whetstone meself for my cheap kitchen knives in Thailand when I can find it...they keep the party goin'...

if ye check out the website that you indicate there is an 'international shipping' facility for these products...check it out...

I make do with a whetstone meself for my cheap kitchen knives in Thailand when I can find it...they keep the party goin'...

Thanks, tutsiwarrior. I saw that section but 2 things concern me, the retail price in a B&M is about half the price on the website and the chief concern is the duty that could be levied when importing.....could bring the price tag to almost $200! (for a stone that might be available in stores for $60 or so)

• 1 month later...

Next time you are near a Canadian Tire store (assuming you go home once in a while) grab one of their little yellow 'Smith's' sharpening stone. It's about the size of a small computer mouse, has two slots one for carbide and one for ceramic. I have a large Gatco sharpening kit, smaller diamond hones and misc. whetstones. This little gizmo, which costs a huge 7.95 CDN$ works as good as or better than anything I've ever used.

In the past 2 years I've brought back about 9 or 10 of these things to Thailand and everyone I've given one to has raved about them.