Buying A 'tag'

Alan bangkok

When you go through most toll booths there is a Police building on the left. Pull over and go in there and buy the tags. You can re-fill the tag at any toll booth (no need to go back to the Police building to re-fill).

Please note that the scanner will often read the toll tag even if you put it aside and decide to pay another way, so you can end up double paying. I learned this the hard way.

And I've seen it happened to the others and also on a few instances to myself that the scanner doesn't always read the tag even when you hold it in your hand, raising it high out of the car window, forcing the entire queue of cars behind you to reverse back to make enough room for you to ditch to the other lane/booth. This seems to happen more often with the newer green tag than the older white one, and I've been warned about this when I got my tag.

Seems you can not buy the tag at every highway police station at the expressway toll booth nor can you refill it at every toll booth. One sure place you can do that is the Din Daeng toll booth.

Edited by Nordlys