Cancel Marriage Visa?

p.s

I travelled to cambodia yesterday and they told me there that i need to first cancel my marriage visa in pattaya immigration???? I do NOT have re-entry, so i assume that the information i was given was wrong, if i leave Thailand surely my marriage visa is automatically cancelled???

If you are on a one year Thai wife extension of stay is there any need to change? Most Labor Departments will issue a work permit on such a stay and it will not end if work ends.

I suspect Consulate is correct as you should cancel an extension before your apply for a new entry. It is not up to them to check or know about re-entry permits. Just leaving is no longer an option for ending extensions - you are required to cancel your extension at immigration and can indeed be turned back at exit to do so if they catch it (although normally they probably don't).

Your previous indicated you made it to Cambodia so thought Consulate told you - now you say just to border so makes even more sense - they are turning back exits without re-entry permits to cancel there extensions of stay at immigration. It is helpful for most people (who just did not know and would lose there extension and now have the chance to obtain).

No need to cancel your Non-O spouse extension because you can get a work permit on that basis if you have proof of job and thai income of 50,000 a month from that job. You will need a letter from your employer stating your position and income and date you started work there. You may also need a form completed by your employer. You will need to show your monthly 01 documents which show your income and month tax payments and you will also need the 91 doc which shows your annual income and tax payments. You will need marriage cert also and kids birth certs if you have any. Take your wife with you when you do to the work dept.

Hope this helps.