Quality Of Those Cheap Japanese Stores In Bangkok?

tubehero

I guess most of you know there are many cheap Japanese stores in Bangkok, which have everything from kitchen tools, bathroom utilities to headphones. It is another version of 100-yen shops in Japan itself.

The price is very attractive. But do you know the quality? Do they last long?

I want to ask as I want to buy many of them to bring back to the UK.

Thank you.

Hi Semper,

The fact is these Japanese products are made in China itself. So I was wondering if the quality control is good enough to warrant a "Japan brandname". smile.png

So why not start off with what you know?

Really don't know, but normally you get what you pay for. rolleyes.gif Must be better than the Chinese made stuff though. smile.png

Should know by now, everything is made in China. Also they only ship second grades stuff to Thailand, the first grades go for more money to west

Just repaired my front gate quite effectively with a couple of stainless brackets I bought from one at Future Park so I've no complaints so far, the brackets I bought haven't been available in the larger Home stores..

Really don't know, but normally you get what you pay for. rolleyes.gif Must be better than the Chinese made stuff though. smile.png

Yep stepped into that one, as some have said most items there are made in China but still to a generally higher standard I've found..

Edited by WarpSpeed

there are 2 types as such:

1.labeled as Japanese and charging 60-80 bt/item. should mostly be reasonable good quality.

2,the ''everything for 10/20 bt (sometimes now even 25)-in about any deptstore/bigC etc-stalls. All Chinese stuff, after a while you learn to know what they tipically sell. Some is reasonable-some not so much. The age-old idea ''you get what you pay for'' is only partly true-as most of you have no idea at all of what CAN be made in good quality for 20 bt (should be better as the 99p shops in UK). It is hit and miss-and you wont know till it goes broke how long it lasted. But hey-what is 20 bt nowadays? does not even buy a bowl of noodlesoup anymore. Why spend so much time for this laughable amount? All the time I read from TV-users to not worry about 50/100 bt-its ''1/2GBP''-as if they would fill my purse if it went outside.

I bought pair of reading glasses at one up here in Chiang Mai,

65bht and they work just like my 6K ones,and have bought

other stuff,like a watch also 65 bht,which i use when i travel,

incase of muggings ,but the mugger most likely would have

a better watch anyway.

regards Worgeordie, and yes i am a cheap charlie,and not

afraid to wear crap,dont need to impress anyone.

I visit the Daiso and other 100 yen (38 baht) shops here in Tokyo on a regular basis, in fact I went to one this morning. I am not a food connoisseur and the non-edible products are not so bad.

Things like kitchen sponges 3/100 yen, drinking glasses, silicon spatulas, plastic bins of various sizes, dishes, pens, pencils, notepads etc do what the products are designed to do without a problem. The little pots and pans sold in these shops are very, very thin and do not look sturdy at all.

The cleaning products I have found are pretty weak and name brand products seem to work better.

There are times when the exact same product is sold for 50% or more at usual markets, which still surprises me.

Overall, I can recommend the Daiso shops if they are selling the same goods as they do in Japan.