Has Anyone Successfully Obtained A Settlement Visa To The Uk..

jingjingna

Just wondering how many same sex couples have actually managed to obtain settlement for their civil partner/unmarried partner to the UK?

If anyone has had first hand experience, please post here!

Thanksjap.gif

p.s : Mods pls do not move to the visas and migration forum. I am specifically looking for same sex partners to respond. Thx

There is a seperate section on SET (M),(Settlment Visa application) which deals with same sex applicants.

You will be dealt with the same as Heterosexuals,with the same chance of success!

Download SET (M),from the UKBA Website,and read for yourself: "Partner" clearly states may be married, or same sex partners.

Edited by MAJIC

HI

I HAVE TWICE APPLIED FOR A 'VISITORS UK VISA'' FOR MY PARTNER, AND TWICE GOT REFUSED.

WE ARE NOW IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING FOR THE THIRD TIME..

SO I WOULD THINK A SETTLEMENT VISA, WOULD BE MEGA MEGA DIFFICULT..

HOPE THE ABOVE HELPS, MAYBE IF YOU GOT A VISITORS VISA FIRST, THEN HAD A CIVIL PARTNERSHIP IN THE UK, THEN IT MIGHT BE EASIER.. AS YOU KNOW, HERE IN THAILAND YOU CANNOT GET A CIVIL PARTNERSHIP..

SO VIETNAM OR BLIGHTY IS THE OTHER OPTIONS.

CHEERS

x

There is a seperate section on SET (M),(Settlment Visa application) which deals with same sex applicants.

You will be dealt with the same as Heterosexuals,with the same chance of success!

Download SET (M),from the UKBA Website,and read for yourself: "Partner" clearly states may be married, or same sex partners.

Thanks Majic but my question was not asking how to apply!

HI

I HAVE TWICE APPLIED FOR A 'VISITORS UK VISA'' FOR MY PARTNER, AND TWICE GOT REFUSED.

HOPE THE ABOVE HELPS, MAYBE IF YOU GOT A VISITORS VISA FIRST, THEN HAD A CIVIL PARTNERSHIP IN THE UK, THEN IT MIGHT BE EASIER.. AS YOU KNOW, HERE IN THAILAND YOU CANNOT GET A CIVIL PARTNERSHIP..

CHEERS

x

Sorry to hear about your visitors visa's being refused. That has not been an issue for me. Anyway..back on topic, has anyone's partner been granted a settlement visa based on civil partnership or even as unmarried same sex partners?

Edited by tombkk
: Top posting inside, and inside the quote

• 3 weeks later...
HI

CHEERS

x

Applied twice for visitors visas and received visas twice. My/Our paperwork was in order and no problems at all. I am sure if you look at the reasons for refusal there will be no mention of sexuality.

Edited by RabC