Changing Colour Of Bike Wheels

The last owner of my bike decided to paint the wheels an awful red/pink colour. Unfortunately this is attracting the attention of the local lady-boys. I think I have the gayest bike on Samui. I'm surprised he didn't paint a rainbow down the side of it. Anyway, I'd like to change the wheels to black.

Is powder coating expensive? I'm guessing that will give me the best finish. I guess I would need to send them to Bangkok to have this done.

What about painting them? How would this look? Has anyone painted their wheels?

Powder coating would be best. There is a member on here, whose name I forget, who knows alot about powder coating and where to do it, so wait until he reads this.

As far as painting goes, I have seen it and they look fine but I suspect that eventually the paint will start flaking off. You say yours have already been painted so how does the finish look to you?

Small Scooter?

Are you sure they are stock wheels and not after market pink ones. If so you can change to OEM black ones they are not so expensive.

If the wheels are OEM and were powder coated in the first place try some paint thinner on a small spot. You may be surprised.

You didn't say what bike. I guess it doesn't matter really it's more a question of money time and effort.

Otherwise simply take the bike to a bike shop and ask them to paint the wheels black. So they MAY flake but if the pink hasn't neither will the black. If it does after say 1 year have them painted again.

If you want powder coat it is not that expensive but they'll need to come to Bangkok as I don't think there is anywhere down nearer you. Turn around about 2 weeks.

Just spray them. Prepare them properly, buy good quality spray pain and do a few coats. I've done it myself and I'm no expert but the total cost was under 1k baht and 3 years later they still looks good, no flaking etc. It's pretty easy.