How Much Will You Be Paying For Private Thai Course ( One-To-One ) ?

duiter

Dear all,

How much will you be paying for private Thai course ( one-to-one ) ?

I look around and it seems that 300 baht is "normal" fee per hour

On the other hand i know that many English native speakers with university graduate diploma from UK, AUS, US in Bangkok will be more than happy to teach English to Thai for only 300 baht per hour at advanced level

Is the 300-baht per hour is too expensive ?

What is your experience ?

Many thanks

It's a total rip-off and education standards are so poor in Thailand that I doubt these "teachers" really know what they're doing.

There are loads of Thai people who will help you learn Thai in exchange for you helping them with their English. No need to pay any money apart from the price of your beer (or whatever). You do need to be an active rather than a passive learner though. You need your own language acquisition strategy.

It's a total rip-off and education standards are so poor in Thailand that I doubt these "teachers" really know what they're doing.

There are loads of Thai people who will help you learn Thai in exchange for you helping them with their English. No need to pay any money apart from the price of your beer (or whatever). You do need to be an active rather than a passive learner though. You need your own language acquisition strategy.

I agree with a lot of this. I have probably learned about 80% on my own and 20% at schools. Going to school was ok in the beginning, but once I got past the basics most teachers had no idea of how to teach me. A friend of mine paid for a group of lessons at what is considered by most to be the best school in Pattaya with a good teacher that he knows. When he went back home he gave me the 10 remaining lessons, but I had to use a different teacher. She had very poor English and no idea of how to teach other than to just read out of a book and have me parrot it back to her. Turns out she used to work in a hotel and decided to be a teacher so she took a class for a few months and got a job at one of the top schools. ohmy.png I couldn't change teachers so I gave the lessons back to my friend and he used them hen he returned. Luckily she isn't teaching there anymore.

At another school, the teacher admitted that she had no idea of what to teach me and I had already paid for a block of lessons, so I brought my laptop in and we watched and discussed Thai movies.

I haven't found a teacher yet who could assess my ability and teach based on that, but they can be useful for answering questions and helping with specific problems.

The most competent teacher in Pattaya charge 250

What is his/her name? Does s/he teach at a school or freelance? Location? Experience? etc.

Her name is Bpoo,

capable and willing of explaining unlike the rest of the bunch, (my own & my classmates experience)

this is the deal.

http://easylearningthai.blogspot.com/

Edited by poanoi

• 2 weeks later...