13 Hour Stop Over In Doha

andypae

Can anybody help, im looking for advice.

I have a 13 hour stop over in Doha whilst travelling back from Bangkok to Manchester. I have contacted Qatar Airways and they have confirmed i can get a visa which will allow me to head down town for the day and return to the airport in the evening.

All this sounds good but what is there to do in DOHA. Can anybody recommend a good hotel and advise me if there is anything interesting to to do whilst im there?

Thanks

Andy

Qatar Airways will provide a room for long layover passengers, ring the reservation office and ask them to book you.

http://www1.qatarair.../stop-over.html

This service is available on a paid or complimentary basis depending on eligibility. "The type and level of airfare that you pay will govern whether you receive the service free of charge (Complimentary) or for a fee (Paid). "

If you are booked on the lower level fare basis you will not qualify for the free room. Usually those who are travelling in economy class have opted for the long layover because of the lower fare. As Williaminbkk says a quick call to Qatar will clear this up. I have passengers on board the aircraft ask me this all the time. Normally if your fare basis is Q/V/W you will not qualify but give them a call.

• Like 1

13 hour stopover is ridiculous that's longer than your actual flight time you must be looking at a 26 hour journey just from bkk airport to Manchester airport I really don't know why anyone would book these flights I presume it was at a real cheap price I hoe the savings your making are worth it.

I'd spend my time with qatar customer services looking for a standby flight, doha has nothing to offer. Having said that I tried to change a flight with qatar last month and the b******s wanted £100 flight change which i was happy with as it's in the original booking conditions but would not give me the online price on the new price saying when changing the booking on the telephone you have to take the telephone price which was another £250 extra with no way of changing your booking online so you are stuffed, what a rip off. I cancelled and switched to etihad which saved me the £250 but not the £100. Bunch of robbing <deleted>.

Qatar Airways will provide a room for long layover passengers, ring the reservation office and ask them to book you.

http://www1.qatarair.../stop-over.html

They don't give u a room if u booked cheapest class

I don't know if it would work with Qatar, but a couple of times flying BKK - ATH via Bahrain with Gulf I had a long stopover (12 hours overnight). Cheapest economy ticket. When I got to Bahrain, I went to the Gulf desk in the airport, showed them my ticket and was given a hotel voucher, no questions asked, which included evening meal and breakfast. Transport provided. The last time, the wife and I got a massive suite with a bed the size of a football pitch!