Housing Planning Regs

simoncnx

I have just bought a smaLL PLOT 16M BY 25M to build a house and have been doing some preliminary sketches before going to see an architect. The plot is in a residential area. Does anyone know what the planning restrictions are regards the distance between the outside walls and the boundary? Many thanks

ps Dont need any lectures about farang cant buy land

You best go down to your local Thai Gov office in you province, there are usually have some engineers knocking about who will help you as there may be different regs in different areas.

It seems a grey area to me and you do not want to get into any claims, we had a complain once from next door after 8 years claiming money for the foundations of our boundary wall being about 150mm into there land.

The local gov came out to the property checked our wall foundation position and it was fine.

I've seen a lot build wall to wall or just go to a wall already there built by the neigbour but in your case, farangies need to get the right official info and checked with drawings and measurements.

Best of luck with your built. jap.gif

Edited by Kwasaki

You dont say if you are in Bkk or upcountry, however I will assume Bkk based on the size of the land.

If you are in Bkk go to your local Khet office or Amphor office if upcountry.

These people can tell you the rules that are enforced in your area, they are after all the same people who will be granting the planning permission for you to build, assuming you are doing it legally.

I believe for Bkk its at least one metre from the outside wall of your house to the outside perimeter wall, so in theory two house should never be closer than two meters to each other.

What the poster above says is correct, how it is done is, the plans are submitted to the local gov't office, the plans comply with with local rules, permission is then given to build based on the plans submitted.

What in reality happens, after the plans have been approved and the house is built, extensions are added, usually kitchens or storage rooms, these extend to the perimiter wall, and in theory are illegal.

Thats one reason established house builders will not change your plans, so there is no come back on them for breaching the planning permission they were given.

I have seen the authorities being called to sort out disputes between neighbours for encroachment, where the one building the house assumes its his house and land to do with as he wishes, not the case.

As with many things in Thailand, just because its done doesnt make it legal.

If your lot is in a moobahn, the Homeowner's Association should be consulted as well. If the HOA hasn't been instituted yet, as in a new moobahn, consult with the developer for planning & building restrictions/requirements.