Senators Against Thai Govt's Computer Tablet, iPhone, iPad Handout

webfact

Populistic policies are implemented not because they promise any real progress, but because they are, well, populistic. They sound good in slogans and re-election campaigns. Nobody ever expects any improvement from them, at least not those with an IQ above room temperature.

Celsius or Fahrenheit?

If we were drinking beer in a pub this would be an intriguing question. We might even throw in references to Réaumur, Kelvin and a few others. One may even wonder if a room temperature IQ in the North of Sweden is lower or higher than a room temperature IQ in Thailand. Furthermore how much would the standard deviation be depending on temperature scale used ?

I think we would have to use an offset kelvin scale to remove the inevitable negative numbers we would get on other scales. Whilst supping your beer you might also do MPs obey the gas laws, they certainly produce plenty?

Populistic policies are implemented not because they promise any real progress, but because they are, well, populistic. They sound good in slogans and re-election campaigns. Nobody ever expects any improvement from them, at least not those with an IQ above room temperature.

Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Same same at zero. rolleyes.gif

No 0c=32f

Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Thailand being a metric country, that's in inch, er... no... pints.. fl.oz.... oh all these US/Britsh units! In Celsius ©. Room temperature thus about 28 C.

Yours is a very hot room temperature.

Comfort levels

The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) has listings for suggested temperatures and air flow rates in different types of buildings and different environmental circumstances. A comfortable room temperature depends on individual needs and other factors. According to the West Midlands Public Health Observatory (UK),[1] an adequate level of warmth for older people is 21 °C (70 °F) in the living room and 18 °C (64 °F) in other occupied rooms, although most people (at least in the UK) will find this quite warm; 24 °C (75 °F) is stated as the maximum comfortable room temperature.[2] Due to variations in humidity and likely clothing, recommendations for summer and winter may vary; one for summer is 23 °C (73 °F) to 26 °C (79 °F), with that for winter being 20 °C (68 °F) to 23 °C (73 °F), although by other considerations the maximum should be below 25 °C (77 °F) - for sick building syndrome avoidance, below 22 °C (72 °F).[3]

Scientific use

For scientific work, room temperature is taken to be about 20 to 25 degrees Celsius with an average of 23°C (about 73 degrees Fahrenheit or 296 Kelvin).[4] For numerical convenience, either 20 °C(68 °F) or 300 K (80 °F) is often used, without being specified as "room temperature".[citation needed] However, room temperature is not a defined scientific term, unlike Standard Temperature and Pressure (STP); admittedly, STP has several slightly different definitions.

Edited by samjaidee

They can play Angry Birds instead of dosing off during boring debates.

Special application of AngryBirds - custom made for this occasion: birds and pigs heads substituted by heads of members of different parties?

Lord Buddha I hate that game. I have yet to get past leval one. :-)

They can play Angry Birds instead of dosing off during boring debates.

Special application of AngryBirds - custom made for this occasion: birds and pigs heads substituted by heads of members of different parties?

Lord Buddha I hate that game. I have yet to get past leval one. :-)

I suggest that the next populist education project should be to give every child a set of Encyclopedia Brittanica (English version). It'll look so impressive on the wall (or floor). Parents will be able to say: "Look at what my 4-year old son is reading!"