Non-O Based On Marriage

I went to Rayong immigration yesterday to get the residence certificate in order to get my Thai drivers license. The gave me the certificate but I was told by them that I have to leave the country every 90 days. I was under the distinct impression that I only had to report every 90 days. Does anyone know which is true? I am on a 1 year Non-O visa based on marriage with multiple entries. The visa was just issued in January at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet, Laos.

If you have multi entry 1 year non-o issued at a Thai consulate/embassy then each entry is for 90 days maximum, you then have to leave the country. On re-entering Thailand you are given a further 90 days. Repeat as required up to the "use by" date on the visa. OR you could request a 1 year extension based on marriage ( or retirement if applicable) then you only have to report address every 90 days.

Search Thaivisa for paperwork/ financial requirements, for marriage basically 400,000 in Thai bank for 2 months OR 40,000/month income (with embassy letter) plus marriage and personal paperwork, not onerous. Repeat yearly.

You must leave very 90 days as is clearly indicated by the stamp you obtained when you entered only allowing entry for that 90 day period. You can make unlimited number of entries up to 90 days each but can not stay longer without extending your stay at Immigration for a valid extension reason and paying the normal 1,900 baht fee of a TM.7 application. For marriage you will have to show 400k in bank 2 months or 40k per month income and have wife with you and her/your/marriage paperwork.