Disneyland Park Construction Plot Proposed In Thailand To Draw Tourists

webfact

Wrong! It is as hot and more humid, most times it's hotter! Regardless of what you THINK about it not being "tropical" which means naught and it is "near tropical" more accurately it's subtropical but even that is not a definitive measure of the heat and by even suggesting that it's not "near tropical" demonstrates you don't know diddly. But I never said anything about winter did I, silly??

I just love it when some numbnuts comes along and tries to convince me that I know nothing about the place I was born and grown up in and spent nearly my entire life working outdoors as well as racing cars in is not something it is, hysterical that is.... cheesy.gif Likely that same person hardly ever even got out of their A/C office, A/C car or comfortable A/C house for any length of time to even notice.. cheesy.gif

According to this there is quite a difference: http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/compare/results?from=vac_compare&clocid1=USFL0372&clocid2=THXX0003 and make sure you click on average Low not just average high.

Absurd when someone thinks they have a good idea about actual records just by living somewhere as opposed to actually analysing the data. I met someone who lived in London for 10 years and insisted the summers there are hotter than Sydney's!! The data shows otherwise. I presume you live in Chiang Mai now? Or was that a wild guess not even based on living there? "They grow oranges there" - what sort of useless evidence is this of comparing the climates? Its not like it snows in Chiang Mai!

Orlando may have warm weather for its latitude but its still not near the tropic, not even enough to call it sub tropical.

In any case Chiang Mai is one of the coolest places in Thailand which is why I used it as a weather example but its nowhere near large enough to justify a Disney park, in or near Bankgok would be the only place for this and that is far hotter than Orlando.

Warp Speed: the "original" Disneyland is in LA, there is only one Disney "World". They all have different names: Tokyo Disney, Euro Disney, Hong Kong Disneyland etc. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_park_was_built_first_Disneyland_Florida_or_Disneyland_California

BTW which is the high season for Florida's Disney World is it Summer when its hot or the cooler months? I'm asking not suggesting.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong! It is as hot and more humid, most times it's hotter! Regardless of what you THINK about it not being "tropical" which means naught and it is "near tropical" more accurately it's subtropical but even that is not a definitive measure of the heat and by even suggesting that it's not "near tropical" demonstrates you don't know diddly. But I never said anything about winter did I, silly??

I just love it when some numbnuts comes along and tries to convince me that I know nothing about the place I was born and grown up in and spent nearly my entire life working outdoors as well as racing cars in is not something it is, hysterical that is.... cheesy.gif Likely that same person hardly ever even got out of their A/C office, A/C car or comfortable A/C house for any length of time to even notice.. cheesy.gif

According to this there is quite a difference: http://www.weather.c...locid2=THXX0003 and make sure you click on average Low not just average high.

Absurd when someone thinks they have a good idea about actual records just by living somewhere as opposed to actually analysing the data. I met someone who lived in London for 10 years and insisted the summers there are hotter than Sydney's!! The data shows otherwise. I presume you live in Chiang Mai now? Or was that a wild guess not even based on living there? "They grow oranges there" - what sort of useless evidence is this of comparing the climates? Its not like it snows in Chiang Mai!

Orlando may have warm weather for its latitude but its still not near the tropic, not even enough to call it sub tropical.

In any case Chiang Mai is one of the coolest places in Thailand which is why I used it as a weather example but its nowhere near large enough to justify a Disney park, in or near Bankgok would be the only place for this and that is far hotter than Orlando.

Warp Speed: the "original" Disneyland is in LA, there is only one Disney "World". They all have different names: Tokyo Disney, Euro Disney, Hong Kong Disneyland etc. http://wiki.answers....land_California

BTW which is the high season for Florida's Disney World is it Summer when its hot or the cooler months? I'm asking not suggesting.

Florida has seasons much like Thailand, summer is the rainy season and the South is tropical and the North less so. All the snowbirds from the North come to Florida after Thanksgiving. Orlando is in the middle in the citrus growing region. Florida almost never has a frost. All the fruits grown in Thailand are also grown in Florida. I had pineapples and mango's every year in my backyard close to Orlando. I still have the weather from Florida on my email and there is rarely more than a few degrees difference between Florida and Thailand.

If you can get over your analysis of data Florida has the same climate as Thailand. Miami and the Keys might be a bit hotter on a yearly basis. Florida is different though. There a lot of clothing optional beaches and resorts there. T backs are OK most places and the women are well endowed as a rule.

Although during tourist season one still has to contend with the speedos and the Brits doing their Rod Stewart imitation. Mainly the Brits hang out on the West coast so you can avoid the nasty beach experience by avoiding those areas. A lot of the tourists don't seem to pay attention to the cultural sensitivity of the native Florida population which in general frowns on black socks and shorts and speedos.

Enough of this Disneyland nonsense. A real money spinner would be a coconut shy concession where the targets would be Thaskin, Chalerm, the unlovely Potjaman, and for even handedness, prominent Democrat politicians. Next door to this great attraction would be one exclusively for farangs, the charges more than double of course, and the effigies would be Blair, Brown, both Bushes, and Obama. What a pity Osama is not about any more, a sure fire earner.

I live near the original Disneyland in Orange County California , its 50 years old and still makes tons of money :)

I went to Dream World a few weeks ago and it was great fun for the kids and OK for me ,

But Dream World was built a long time ago when kids used their imagination more and were not spoiled by Computer games etc , it still works but Disneyland is on a whole other level,

I think it would be great , but I doubt the Disney Corporation would go for it , they want control over EVERYTHING and once the Thais had their hands out for bribes Disney would see the writing on the wall and walk away.

There will have to be double pricing to get the numbers up , Tourists can afford 1200-1500 baht but most Thais cannot and you need the everyday Thais to make it look full and busy.

Many cannot afford a day at Dream World at 400B !

My guess is it will never get past the talking stage........

BK

Do you really think Thailand is going to make it easy for other asians to come in and take "THai" jobs , Not going to happen even with a treaty

Standards are too low here to have any world class amusement parks, also the foreign language skills lack as well.

That won't be a problem at all when Asean 2015 kicks in with the free-market influx of Cambodian, Vietnamese, Lao, Filipino labor forces--all of whose English language skills are far superior to Thailand's. Thailand has a huge wake-up call in this regard in just a few short years.