Poll - Did You Buy A House Through Company?

Buying a house  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope. The Mrs had the land already and we are building an house on it, albeit it's more of an holiday home. If anything happens to us I am quite happy for her to keep it and it will eventually go to my daughter anyway.

The next plot of land where we will build to live in, will be in my daughters name. These aren't in the options though.

Nope. The Mrs had the land already and we are building an house on it, albeit it's more of an holiday home. If anything happens to us I am quite happy for her to keep it and it will eventually go to my daughter anyway.

The next plot of land where we will build to live in, will be in my daughters name. These aren't in the options though.

I answered bought a condo, because that's what I did with the money I wanted to use to establish an ownership interest myself. In reality though, like Mr Bo, I first paid for our family house to be built that I cannot own.

Poll is a bit flawed in not dealing with that possibilty, which I think is pretty commonplace (at least it is for us Issaan dwellers) . Should say "excluding any property you have paid for with no attempt to gain any ownership interest ......."

I have a nice condo in my own name that was purchased before I married. It serves as a kind of security blanket for me. I will always have a roof over my head.

I have also paid for property that I have no financial claim on. It belongs 100% to my Thai wife. It is a fact that using a company to control a house and land is illegal and no matter what a scheming lawyer tells you, it is clearly illegal. It's possible, maybe even likely that nothing will ever happen to these companies because lawyers, accountants and the government collect taxes and fees from these bogus companies.

As for myself, I prefer to NOT pay fees, lawyers and taxes on property that my wife is likely to get regardless of whatever schemes I may have paid lawyers to come up with. It is certainly much easier and cheaper in the long run to simply walk away.

• Like 1

Please answer this poll, I just wonder how many people bought house through company

Set up a company, buy the land and own the house personally.

Same over 8 years selling it withing a year to invest onwards.

Don't listen to people ho complain reality is Thais don't care it's about getting r ight clientelle. Best return I have made is in villas in Thailand in phuket in the last 10 years.

I keep everything spread betweed a lawyer a middle man and me as 51 percenter w transfer recipt already signed w I'd. Done it twice before no worries. Problems come when u don't have a acctountant or laeayer to take care of things while your not watching. Pay your taxes and cross your tees. Otherwise its just business despite what losers want to tell you.

W right people and capital its all OK.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Let the house be in her name and buy a condo in your name. Only problem is anything you buy after marraige is 50/50 if you split up so do not really know how to get around that one other than a legal agreement saying she keeps the house and you keep the condo.

Hopefully never happen if it does no different to the UK or US anyway (from the condo perspective anyway).

None of the above. House and land here is in the wife's name. (But we already had kids when we bought 10 years ago so I'm not too worried as in the event of my wife dying it will go to the kids, and I'm pretty sure they'll let me live here. I also still own other property back in Europe).

Edit:typo

Edited by bkk_mike