90 Day Reporting Is Soooooo Slowwwww

connda

Sorry to rub salt into other folks wounds--but, it's not always a huge pain in the arse.

No you're quite right it's not always a pain in the arse, depending on whether they have their heads down doing their mundane and easy job, or whether they're goofing off on other things. As previously quoted, if the paperwork is in order (all three photocopies) it takes 2 minutes to process.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s the point of asking “what’s the point?” Its farcical, as nothing you say or do will change it.biggrin.png

fair enough then you might as well ignore 90% TV threads on that basis! right?

I just enjoy playing with words from time to time.wink.png

Poke fun at it. If you can't change it -- mock it in a humorous way. That won't change a thing either, but at least you walk away feeling bleathered, I mean better. cowboy.gif

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

What’s the point of asking “what’s the point?” Its farcical, as nothing you say or do will change it.biggrin.png

that's farangs in a nutshell - too much time, whine and wine

Speak for yourself...I neither whine nor wine but have met a few nuts in my time.tongue.png

Did mine today. Took three minutes. Showed up at 3:30PM, with copies of the passport and form already filled out.

Looks like some people are taking a number to do this. I just walk up to the counter and do it. If it's wrong, then the staff should tell me, right

I think the name of the game is that sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Easy enough. :)

...and the more wine, the more whine! clap2.gif

Did mine today. Took three minutes. Showed up at 3:30PM, with copies of the passport and form already filled out.

Looks like some people are taking a number to do this. I just walk up to the counter and do it. If it's wrong, then the staff should tell me, right

You probably arrived after all the numbered que had been served.

Sorry, I don't understand why you guys don't do the 90-days by mail?

My first time I justed wanted to see where the place was and what it was like. The second time I needed the re-entry permit. Still need to get my residency certificate so I'm going for a third time too.

I might mail it in in the future, but based on my experience so far, it's very fast service, and you've got Central Plaza a two-minute walk away so I can get some shopping in afterwards. Central Plaza by itself is easily a day's worth of activities. Plus they sell beer.

You probably arrived after all the numbered que had been served.

No, that's the reason I knew people were taking a number to do this... they called a guy up right after they accepted my paperwork and he had the very same paperwork.

FWIW, he didn't seem to care either.

I recall other posters mentioned previously that after 3:30 PM, it is a free-for-all thing at CM Imm.

Meaning, they are still servicing the customers holding queue tickets...but if you're a walk-in at that time, that you can just go to the counter and get taken care of.

Doesn't seem quite fair- if I was sitting there for 30 minutes waiting for my number to be called, and someone waltzed in and went to the counter and was served before me....I'd be pissed.

But I mail my 90 day in, so I can't get too disturbed about it.

Stress Kills, etc. coffee1.gif

I did mine last week took 6hrs minus 1 hr lunch 5hrs sad.png

Arrived Government Complex 9.50am taxi from Mochit

Paperwork checked, given number.

(noticing on the board 22 and on my ticket was "waiting 44", I was 70)

That means they process 11 passports an hour??

2 hrs later lunch 12am Closed 1 hour

1pm still waiting number called to give paperwork

not for another 35 minutes after lunch sad.png

see immigration male officer who gives me another form to sign

to say ext for Ed Visa, where I come from, why ext 90 days...

Ok now wait.....

3.50pm my passport ready...then I get the hell out of there.

Oh she looked a bit ticked at me cause I didn't "wai" her,

I think she would prefer people to get on the floor and wai her or kiss her feet. Normal Thai Immigration staff.

* I know why they are slow because all day there were Agents in & out without numbers

who get priority service. 1 walen girl was there in uniform and she let her students leave

cause she said she would collect for them.

Another agent was there most of the day helping process the passports, must have been 20-30 as she was coming outside each time to hand back passports.

Oh and another immigration staff member had friends from China (saw passports) who went to the

male officers room and spoke quietly...next the finger raises and they are in like flynn.

This was a day to forget in LOS. Thai Immigration needs a kick in the you know what.

I would also like to know what they do with people if passports are not finished, do they ask people to come back next day?

Yes I know sign there says no cameras but F*&%, I took a few shots indoors next time hidden camera.

Edited by Tywais
Changed to standard font

Went in Thursday just after 10:00, got a number (for submitting paperwork) and it came up before I could fill out the form. Went past so fast I had to re-apply for a new number, which came up as I finished the form.

I'd made copies of the passport pages so I handed in the material, waited about 25 minutes, was called up and the passport was all updated. I'll go with mail next time, to be sure, but there certainly must be some luck involved with all of this.

Everyone relying on the mail, we'll soon have stories about not having the slip returned for a month or more.biggrin.png

Not a month, but......

I mailed my report on 26 March. It was delivered 27 March before noon. My actual due date is 3 April. I have not received my slip back yet.

In another thread someone said they mailed there's on 27 March and got it back on 30 or 31 March I think.

MSPain

Usually takes about 7-10 days to receive it back.

I don't use EMS (with tracking), I just send it ordinary Thai Post registered.

The TM47 maven at CM Imm told me to mail in about 2 weeks before the report date.

I've ignored that advice and have mailed it between 7 to 10 days before the red stamp date.

In 2 years I've never had a problem.

And if it doesn't come back....of course, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have an image of the TM47 slip stored on my computer, before I sent it off in the mail, as well as the receipt for registered mail addressed to "Chiang Mai Immigration"..

Usually takes about 7-10 days to receive it back.

I don't use EMS (with tracking), I just send it ordinary Thai Post registered.

The TM47 maven at CM Imm told me to mail in about 2 weeks before the report date.

I've ignored that advice and have mailed it between 7 to 10 days before the red stamp date.

In 2 years I've never had a problem.

And if it doesn't come back....of course, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have an image of the TM47 slip stored on my computer, before I sent it off in the mail, as well as the receipt for registered mail addressed to "Chiang Mai Immigration"..

As I mentioned, there is another thread in which someone said they sent theirs on 27 March and got it back on March 31. I understand the grace periods and the copies. I am thinking about waiting until Wednesday to go see them. The problem with the timing is Friday is Chakri Dai, then next week will have Songkran at the end. I have a feeling the office will be busy until after the Songkran holidays.

And thank you for the information you have posted before. This is the first time I have tried by post. I will put up on the thread what happens.

MSPain