Blues Brothers Revival Night

CheckInn99

blues-brothers.jpg

The Blues Brothers Tribute band (9 piece) will perform one night only at Checkinn99 on Sunday 1 April. Dinner between 5.30-8pm with the show commencing 8pm. This will be a full theme night with guests invited to dress to the theme.

Tickets are 800THB for reserved seating and 500THB for general admission and the ticket price is 100% redeemable against food and drink for the event. Tickets are Now on Sale at Checkinn99 evenings.

There will be a 10 piece band for the event.

Checkinn99 is located on Sukhumvit Road directly opposite Landmark Hotel, near to Nana BTS.

dresscode.jpg

97/1 Sukhumvit Rd b/w Sois 5 & 7

Directly opposite Landmark Hotel

Near Nana BTS

Bangkok

THspacer.gif

• Like 2

And now, people... And now, people... When I woke up this mornin', I heard a distubin' sound. I said When I woke up this mornin', I heard a disturbin' sound! What I heard was the jingle-jangle of a thousand lost souls! I'm talkin' 'bout the souls of mortal men and women, departed from this life. Wait a minute! Those lost angry souls roamin' unseen on the earth, seekin' to find life they'll not find, because it's too late! Tooooo late, yeah! Too late for they'll never see again the life they choose not to follow. Alright! Alright! Don't be lost when your time comes! For the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! Can I get an AMEN?

Jake: The band? The band.

Reverend Cleophus James: DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?

Jake: THE BAND!

Reverend Cleophus James: DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?

Elwood: What light?

Reverend Cleophus James: HAVE YOU SEEEEN THE LIGHT?

Jake: YES! YES! JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

I've been trying to send a private message with a few questions, but Thaivisa keeps bombing out. So I sent to the "Enquiries" email address on the display ad.

Hi Sam. can you try sending me a private message after you link to my tha visa profile.

Mrs. Murphy: Don't you "Don't get riled, sugar" me! You ain't goin' back on the road no more, and you ain't playin' them ol' two-bit sleazy dives. You're livin' with me now, and you not gonna go slidin' around witcho ol' white hoodlum friends.

Matt Murphy: But babes, this is Jake and Elwood, the Blues Brothers.

Mrs. Murphy: The Blues Brothers? Shit! They still owe you money, fool.

Jake: Ma'am, would it make you feel any better if you knew that what we're asking Matt here to do is a holy thing?

Elwood: You see, we're on a mission from God.

Mrs. Murphy: Don't you blaspheme in here! Don't you blaspheme in here! This is my man, this is my restaurant, and you two are just gonna walk right out that door without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and without Matt 'Guitar' Murphy!

• Like 2

Extra female staff available to sit with customers?

Not sure if I have a date going with me to this event. If I end up going without, I'm a little worried that I might lose my composure if the band breaks into "Stand By Your Man." That would be so embarassing! Thus, I'm hoping you have some extra girls there that can sit with me if I have this sudden onset of loneliness.

Of course, I guess I could walk over to some other table and ask "Do you mind if I dance with yo' date?"

On second thought, scratch that idea. Different movie. laugh.png

sam... you are going rusty

I think the appropriate way to ask the large group who have booked the entire mezzanine dining room...

How much for the little girl? How much for the women?

Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children!

I am sure it will get you the right level of attention

Sam.... what happened to the date? I really hope you haven't upset her. as I am worried she might be waiting in a parked car on the other side of the road outside the Landmark Hotel.. smoking a cigarette and when you arrive at Checkinn. she leans forward..lifts something on her shoulder... takes aim through the BTS support columns and.whhooosh the front of the place is destroyed by 6 rocket propelled grenades. Maybe we can open the back door for you...