Eva Premium Economy

Upnotover

I fly EVA air to and from the U.S. every year, I started with EVA in 2002 when there delux tickets were only $300.00 round trip more than economy, at this rate it was well worth the money,last time I flew EVA to the U.S. it was $800.00 one way to upgrade to deluxe, at this price defenitely not worth the money, same food but wider seats and more leg room.

I think the most beneficial point is the quieter ambience in premium economy. Very few children in there so little noise and just generally a more comfortable atmosphere.

Also Smokie didnt mention you have your own check in desk as well which is normally empty. If you can afford it then it is well worth it.

HL cowboy.gif

• Like 1

More room and no drunken scum around you. I have flown it back the last couple of times.

On behalf of all drunken scum......we are delighted we don't have to sit next to you drunk.gif

He was lucky to have missed me. Especially as I'd spent two hours at the champagne bar before getting on the plane.

I paid the £100 bill with a smile as I considered how much I'd saved on the biz class ticket....

• Like 2

BA have a offer on at the moment in premium economy for around 1060 GBP and 669 GBP standard economy...can't comment on whether the product is better or worse than Eva though.

Better for points if you do it regularly and book with an Amex card. Otherwise crap.

I usually fly LHR-BKK overnight in business then return in PE, all on EVA.. BA has much better business, but EVA a bit better in PE. BA market their's as a junior business class for those who aren't allowed to fly real business on the company anymore.. EVA sell it as economy but a bit better, which is what it is.

If only Thai would introduce PE onto LHR-BKK, I would choose it over EVA fot the ROP miles.

The drawback for premium economy is the large, immovable console between the seats. If the seat next to you is empty, there is no way to take advantage of it.

The last time I flew Eva Premium Econ., the flight was half empty. (Admittedly not likely these days) At some point I strolled into the economy section to gloat over the poor people and was shocked and outraged to see most of them sleeping comfortably stretched over four seats. I returned crestfallen to my semi-reclining seat with the uselessly angled footrest, unable to ignore the empty but thoroughly useless seat next to me.

Never again!!

• Like 1

More room and no drunken scum around you. I have flown it back the last couple of times.

On behalf of all drunken scum......we are delighted we don't have to sit next to you drunk.gif

He was lucky to have missed me. Especially as I'd spent two hours at the champagne bar before getting on the plane.

I paid the £100 bill with a smile as I considered how much I'd saved on the biz class ticket....

I got an upgrade to First Class on an E380 Dubai-BKK Emirates.......Stand up full size bar at the back......I was in it for 5 hours and got off the flight paralletic.

Fantastic.

I think you get extra baggage and you do get a dedicated check in, but no real premium benefits like a lounge or fast track.

EVA are meant to be joining Star Alliance soon. So with Thai having bumped their prices up, there is even more incentive to fly EVA.

I got an upgrade to First Class on an E380 Dubai-BKK Emirates.......Stand up full size bar at the back......I was in it for 5 hours and got off the flight paralletic.

Fantastic.

I stayed at the front and demolished the Dom Perignon...

I think you get extra baggage and you do get a dedicated check in, but no real premium benefits like a lounge or fast track.

EVA are meant to be joining Star Alliance soon. So with Thai having bumped their prices up, there is even more incentive to fly EVA.

What makes you say that?

theblether

Fantastic.

smokie36

I stayed at the front and demolished the Dom Perignon...

What's wrong with you guys...how often do you get the chance to do a pub crawl at 30000 plus feet up? I did both bars and treated my FC seat as a halfway house type of wine bar .

I must say I wouldn't normally take a shower at the end of a pub crawl either but since I had to stay awake for an hour or two after departing the flying pub it was appreciated! smile.png

Edited by brizzle

What do you mean there were 2 bars?

Godammit I missed an entire bar, i'll need to go back again.

The hardship, oh the hardship.

The front bar is just a courtesy thing like BA's kitchen...only with better booze.

I confess to not visiting the biz class bar....well who could blame me?

I'm very selective regarding drinking partners...<sniff>

Edited by smokie36

What do you mean there were 2 bars?

Godammit I missed an entire bar, i'll need to go back again.

The hardship, oh the hardship.

The front bar is just a courtesy thing like BA's kitchen...only with better booze.

I confess to not visiting the biz class bar....well who could blame me?

I'm very selective regarding drinking partners...<sniff>

drunk.gif I, on the other hand, have very low standards when it comes to drinking partners, drunk.gif

Very low

Good idea, Eva are really tight on in-flight drinks now!

25kg no problen if it's 28 or so luggage as against 20kg E two hour check in 'Don't try this at Swampy as you'll miss the plane' as stated bigger seat's that recline more, faster exit from plane at BKK help's a bit with passport control. Well worth the money.

What makes you say that?

Has been around for a while, but this article seems to confirm it: