Where Can I Find Steel Pipes In Bangkok?

timmyp

Tons of small mom and pop and SME hardware store outlets have steel pipe. HomePro seems to concentrate on what a middle to rich class Thai or farang might want to buy....not really a great selection of many things an all-around, handyman would need.

• Like 1

I need to get the pipe cut and threaded by someone else, I don't have the materials. That will be another challenge...

Just went to Thay Watsadu for the first time out next to Ikea in Bangna. Exactly the place I've been looking for. This is where you can get cheap lumber and piping, among tons of other stuff. I was also looking for some very cheap sections of carpeting, and was having trouble finding it. Well, this is definitely the place. Unfortunately they only deliver within 10 k...

Edited by timmyp

I need to get the pipe cut and threaded by someone else, I don't have the materials. That will be another challenge...

Just went to Thay Watsadu for the first time out next to Ikea in Bangna. Exactly the place I've been looking for. This is where you can get cheap lumber and piping, among tons of other stuff. I was also looking for some very cheap sections of carpeting, and was having trouble finding it. Well, this is definitely the place. Unfortunately they only deliver within 10 k...

I'd love to know if you find someone to thread the pipe for you. I was in Hardware House a couple of days ago and noticed they had the end pieces for pipe clamps for a pretty good price. All I need to make it work is some 3/4 inch threaded pipe.

Gippy, What province you in?

I got a threader, it can do up to about 2inch Diameter by memory. I am pretty sure it came from Global. (Although it is all a blur now). It was I think a few thousand baht. I used it on Gal Pipe for hotwater.

I have since found a shop that I am pretty sure does it close by.

Gippy, What province you in?

I got a threader, it can do up to about 2inch Diameter by memory. I am pretty sure it came from Global. (Although it is all a blur now). It was I think a few thousand baht. I used it on Gal Pipe for hotwater.

I have since found a shop that I am pretty sure does it close by.

I am in Bangkok but I can look in Global next time I pass one by.

• 7 months later...

Gents...I live waaaay out in Apache country and dont have access to the kind of shops yer all talkin about here, but would appreciate if someone could point me at an establishment that sells decent engineering (or better still aircraft) grade aluminium flat stock (3/8" - 2") and also decent cds carbon steel tube..???