Where To Buy Rugs/Mats To Protect Floor From Damage From Chair Wheels

mrireland

Ok th apartment im staying in the floor is starting to get damaged where i have my office chair, seems like there is a layer of plastic and its starting to peel from rolling over and back so im looking for a rug or mat (obviosuly not a fluffy one) thats hard and i can still move around within reason, may be a better alternative if so please advise but wheres a good place in Chiang Mai to buy one? Dont want to go too far as ill have to carry it back on my Honda so closer to Nimmanhaemin road the better, ill be going towards Airport Plaza today too so anywhere out that direction would be fine too?

We had a similar problem in our office in Europe.

The company purchased some hard PE or PP board sheets that are 1,5 x 1,5 meter in size and about 1/2 mm thick or so, anyway, you want a very rigid one.

Put on the floor it not only protects the floor but your chair will roll easier on it, it does not disturb the colors of your floor as it is transparent and it's easy to clean. Especially if you don't like fabric or carpet on your floor.

Also it last's a really long time,.... carpets and/or fabrics will eventually wear out soon.

I'm sorry I don't have an address for a shop where to buy this (in Europe you can buy from office-supply stores or furniture stores)

But this country having a huge plastic industry, maybe you can find or order from Chiang Mai plastics in Wororot market....

What about some of the larger Office/Stationary suppliers - I can't think of the names at the moment but they should have chair mats - clear plastic mats just for this purpose . Some will have small spikes for carpets and some will be suitable for hard floors and they last for quite a few years before they begin to break up.

I have a laminated floor and to protect the floor when I am sat at my desk, I purchased a 2 x 1.5 carpet from Tesco

Approx cost 400baht

Works well and cheap

Can second that recommendation. All our office chairs have the same on wooden parquet floor. Still going strong after several years.

Try the Office Depot (Office Pro or some such name) on the ground floor in Pantip Plaza. I seem to remember seeing mats there like the one in the picture Arunsakda posted.

Yep they have sheets of this stuff there, different colors and textures too- atleast they did in BKK. ..within the city there is a shop along the Chiang Mai gate side of the moat

You can buy the felt stick on's for bottoms of chairs at the 2 dollar shop at Nim City and at the same shop at Rim Ping (Ping River branch). They do the job quite nicely.

Well excuse me. Didn't read that bit, probably early morning. For normal chairs they work fine. I have a normal rug under my wheely computer chair, does the job, 159 baht at homepro.