Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

I thank everyone for their comments on Fremantles win,I am a very happy little vegemite.I had a perfect picture all through the first half and at half time went out onto the front verandah to feed the dogs when this arrived.

DSC07476.JPG

That resulted in this.

DSC07478.JPG

It stayed like that right up to around 15 seconds before the final siren and would you believe I sat right through watching ,waiting for it to come good.I did manage to get these shots after the siren.

DSC07481.JPG

DSC07494.JPG

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only issue for the boys is Roosey next season...

I potentially can see a couple going down, Mummy would be one, especially if he wants to go home. Jamar would learn a thing or two..

Can't see anyone else looking to go, let alone the Swans trading with Melbourne.

Possibly a few reserves players looking though..

Going to miss mad Monday for the first time in a few years at The Forrester in Slurry Hills... One of the seriously more civilized teams...

Oh well.. That's footy boys.. Love it to hate it..

I feel there will be good things or Sydney the next few years..When you look at this game they basically had their first string forward line out..as they had most of the season. Lots of good young players coming through. Colless has sent Roos a strong message...stay the fark away from the Swans academy players.

Mad Monday with the Swans mate? Were you there after last years GF win? How many people can you cram into that small venue?

Freo looked very good and well done to them. I was going for I South Melbourne but hey they were never in it all game at least until Freo pulled up in the last quarter. Now for hoping that the Hawks totally destroy Dockers and hoping for a 20+ goal thumping but I doubt it as the Dockers may actually go in as favourites. Ross Lyon is possibly the best coach in the comp at the moment but I despise the man can't stand him.

Ross Lyon is possibly the best coach in the comp at the moment but I despise the man can't stand him.

Is that because he left ST Kilda?

Not because he left but the way he left. Virtually walks into St Kilda wearing Dockers shirt, grabs the pic of the wife and kids off the desk, gives the players the finger on the way out and makes a press conference on how glad he is to be at Fremantle. Totally <deleted> in the face of the club, the players and supporters. No notice so the club could organise another coach who were thrown into sudden damage control and had the grab the 1st idiot coach they could find being the tool Watters.

The only good thing about it was he took his idiot mate Zach (the Hack) Dawson with him. Dawson was always considered as the worst player in VFL/AFL history by saints supporters probably the only player to be constantly booed off the field by his own supporters. Supporters were partying in the streets when Dawson left.

I say to Fremantle supporters not to trust Lyon he will <deleted> in their faces also.

hahaha mr chooka you have a way with words....I think Lyon walked at the right time the saints were spent and last 2 years prove it, he could see it coming so walk he did and Freo were smart enough to nab him not like the Dees, who enquired with his manger instead of asking Lyon directly.

Have you noticed the hatchet culture of the AFL? The only loyal people left are the supporters so who does Lyon owe? Please tell me?

As for my man Roos if he has inside info on a few good youngsters and wants to sign them sign them Swans have that option to you know.

I wouldn't get to carried away with Freos win last night though the first quarter was one of the most torrid ive ever seen, I think the Hawks should win but im going for Freo think its time Lyon cracked it and time for a new club to own it.

Were you at the game last night?

I haven't heard a crowd like that for a while...and that was only from the radio and TV

Yeah. Work landed me in Perth for the weekend.

Awesome.

Colliss has every right to tell Roos to back the f*** off, he'd not be doing his job if he did otherwise...

I'm with Chooka on Ross Lyon, he along with Roosey and Captain Kirk are on my shit list.

Forrester's a pretty big place, wasn't there last year but I got a phone call from a mate who was, he had to take a week off work because of it..

As for next week, I'm going for a Jeff Kennett special valid for only a week :P

Hawks will take the Dockers for a walk through the park. Buddy, Roughead and Rioli all minor roles on Friday and still got through.

Freo won't have the motor and one day less prep for them...

Ross Lyon is possibly the best coach in the comp at the moment but I despise the man can't stand him.

Is that because he left ST Kilda?

Not because he left but the way he left. Virtually walks into St Kilda wearing Dockers shirt, grabs the pic of the wife and kids off the desk, gives the players the finger on the way out and makes a press conference on how glad he is to be at Fremantle. Totally <deleted> in the face of the club, the players and supporters. No notice so the club could organise another coach who were thrown into sudden damage control and had the grab the 1st idiot coach they could find being the tool Watters.

The only good thing about it was he took his idiot mate Zach (the Hack) Dawson with him. Dawson was always considered as the worst player in VFL/AFL history by saints supporters probably the only player to be constantly booed off the field by his own supporters. Supporters were partying in the streets when Dawson left.

I say to Fremantle supporters not to trust Lyon he will <deleted> in their faces also.

Don't hold back chooka, tell us what you really thinkbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Colliss has every right to tell Roos to back the f*** off, he'd not be doing his job if he did otherwise...

I'm with Chooka on Ross Lyon, he along with Roosey and Captain Kirk are on my shit list.

Forrester's a pretty big place, wasn't there last year but I got a phone call from a mate who was, he had to take a week off work because of it..

As for next week, I'm going for a Jeff Kennett special valid for only a week :P

Hawks will take the Dockers for a walk through the park. Buddy, Roughead and Rioli all minor roles on Friday and still got through.

Freo won't have the motor and one day less prep for them...

Looks like Kirky has shown Ryan Crowley a few tricks of the trade. Maybe not the chatter but certainly nullifying top players. That was jack's lowest disposal total in four years

Roos should leave the swans academy players alone. It will tarnish his image with Sydney supporters. No need for it.

A prelim final! What a time to lose the picture

I have australia network and fear the same so i subscribed the afltv as well for backup which is also handy when not at home.

Brownlow count on afltv(subscribed)4.30 on monday.

I did that last year but didn't bother this time round as I have had such a good run with satellite. ( until last night !!!!!! ) xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.webpxcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.0utMlmII1R.webp

Ron19 will be a happy chappie..Probably also Will27 and OldCroc? Farmerjo too?

A lot to be happy about really... Fremantle played a blinder the first half and could have been up by 60 points at the main break. Relentless pressure, good marking, hard tackling, brilliant tagging and nullification of Sydneys top players. Good team work all over the field. They just know where there team mates are going to be and what their roles are. The inaccuracy in front was a small concern, but maybe just nerves. At no stage did Sydney look like they could win.

After that performance It is very hard to split the teams for next week

Mixed feelings about Freo personally.

Most Freo supporters have been such a/holes about the Eagles over the years it's difficult to wish them well now.

They used to barrack against the Eagles as much, or more, than for their own team. When Cousins first started getting in trouble they would display signs at the games berating him. I've always thought that beating the Eagles in a derby was more satisfying for them than getting in the finals.

Before I came to Thailand a group of us (about 6) would get together on a Friday to eat, drink some good wines and talk crap about everything. We had to ban football from the discussions because of one Dockers supporter among us who was a complete unreasonable pain on the subject!

I may find myself going with Hawthorn next week. I've long considered them the best of a bad bunch in Victoria.

hahaha mr chooka you have a way with words....I think Lyon walked at the right time the saints were spent and last 2 years prove it, he could see it coming so walk he did and Freo were smart enough to nab him not like the Dees, who enquired with his manger instead of asking Lyon directly.

Have you noticed the hatchet culture of the AFL? The only loyal people left are the supporters so who does Lyon owe? Please tell me?

As for my man Roos if he has inside info on a few good youngsters and wants to sign them sign them Swans have that option to you know.

I wouldn't get to carried away with Freos win last night though the first quarter was one of the most torrid ive ever seen, I think the Hawks should win but im going for Freo think its time Lyon cracked it and time for a new club to own it.

I think Lyon has one year to go on his 5 million dollar contract, he will probably ask for at 6 or 7 mil next time and if Fremantle don't come with it he will walk. If a club came to him in February 2014 and waved 6 mil in his face he would walk out on Freo and, break his contract as he did with the saints. He still had a year to go at St Kilda when he walked out.

• Like 1

A lot to be happy about really... Fremantle played a blinder the first half and could have been up by 60 points at the main break. Relentless pressure, good marking, hard tackling, brilliant tagging and nullification of Sydneys top players. Good team work all over the field. They just know where there team mates are going to be and what their roles are. The inaccuracy in front was a small concern, but maybe just nerves. At no stage did Sydney look like they could win.

Most Freo supporters have been such a/holes about the Eagles over the years it's difficult to wish them well now.

They used to barrack against the Eagles as much, or more, than for their own team. When Cousins first started getting in trouble they would display signs at the games berating him. I've always thought that beating the Eagles in a derby was more satisfying for them than getting in the finals.

Before I came to Thailand a group of us (about 6) would get together on a Friday to eat, drink some good wines and talk crap about everything. We had to ban football from the discussions because of one Dockers supporter among us who was a complete unreasonable pain on the subject!

I may find myself going with Hawthorn next week. I've long considered them the best of a bad bunch in Victoria.

Don't you think the same thing happens in reverse.I've certainly experienced it.

so in your own words, does that make you an <deleted>?

Don't you think the same thing happens in reverse.I've certainly experienced it.

I'm only going by my own experiences.

When Freo first came into being, as a WA side, I considered them to be my second team. This slowly changed over a couple of years because of the hostility many of their supporters displayed, directly and indirectly.

I'm not going to try deny there are many Eagles a/holes out there also.

Like Adelaide and then Port..

Port along with Collingwood have by far the highest majority of absolute c*** supporters in the league...

I know plenty of people that support them that are from the majority but the minority can't compete with the majority.

Freo love beating the Eagles and vice versa in their derbies, I think too, it was like their grand final before they became competitive...

Same goes for Adelaide and Port, those clashes are aggressive when talking about fans. Can get very messy.

I've had my fair share of run ins with opposing fans and you really have to wonder what drives their aggression. Inferiority complexes perhaps?

• Like 1

I think Lyon has one year to go on his 5 million dollar contract, he will probably ask for at 6 or 7 mil next time and if Fremantle don't come with it he will walk. If a club came to him in February 2014 and waved 6 mil in his face he would walk out on Freo and, break his contract as he did with the saints. He still had a year to go at St Kilda when he walked out.

That much hey? you got your facts right chooka?

You need to understand coaching is his profession like his been doing it since he retired as a player, assistant coach at 3 clubs prior to the Saints job I think, now why are you down on the guy just because he is looking out for his professional interests, don't think the Saints or Freo would care to much if he had not of lifted them to become contenders the axe would surely drop as it did for Ratten, Harvey, Voss and a few others who had not done a bad job considering the players they had at the time.

Mate im sure you changed jobs more than once to better yourself, I actually think Lyon did the right move he left the Saints when he was one of the most highly regarded coaches in the league to move to another club and do it all over again, the Saints were spent that group of players were heading down not up to put in another 2 or 3 years to get them up was a waste of his time, Freo were on the way up and had the resource to build on what they had.

Mate get over it there is no loyalty its big business now so move with the times.

And I hope Lyon and Freo win the cup next week just for you chooka...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

That much hey? you got your facts right chooka?

You need to understand coaching is his profession like his been doing it since he retired as a player, assistant coach at 3 clubs prior to the Saints job I think, now why are you down on the guy just because he is looking out for his professional interests, don't think the Saints or Freo would care to much if he had not of lifted them to become contenders the axe would surely drop as it did for Ratten, Harvey, Voss and a few others who had not done a bad job considering the players they had at the time.

Mate im sure you changed jobs more than once to better yourself, I actually think Lyon did the right move he left the Saints when he was one of the most highly regarded coaches in the league to move to another club and do it all over again, the Saints were spent that group of players were heading down not up to put in another 2 or 3 years to get them up was a waste of his time, Freo were on the way up and had the resource to build on what they had.

Mate get over it there is no loyalty its big business now so move with the times.

And I hope Lyon and Freo win the cup next week just for you chooka...thumbsup.gif

Actually I have only had 2 jobs in my life, The Army and police. Now that is loyalty for you. As a Victorian I will be going for the hawks.

Hope Lyon plays Dawson, sure to lose the G/F then and give the hawks an extra man on the field.

• Like 2

Ahhhhh that explains it chooka, army and police...afraid to extend yourself so take it out on your team insteadrolleyes.gif well the saints do look pretty in red white and black tongue.png

Running security for a aussie beer bar up there in CM?

Normaly I would go for the Hawks to as when you follow the Dees ( and ive done the penance with them more than once, like going to every game in 84 when they only one 1 game against the dogs from a goal by Robbie in the dyeing minuets of the game) you just got to have a second team and the Hawks are my second team who comforted me during those dark years.

But ive moved on Melbourne Victory is my team now, they win far more than they loose and are aggressive at climbing to the top.

To be honest I think the AFL is pretty boring these days to many rule changes to many blow out games, there going to have to put there hands into there pockets forever to save a club if they don't change the set up, love it or hate it they need to take a good look at the American system where they have confences, create many winners its a big deal to make the playoffs, its an even bigger deal to win your division and its even bigger deal to win your conference. There going to be tampering with the preseason cup again, ive totally lost interest in it, did you know the NFL has 4 practice games before the start of the season for each club and there a big deal.

When Ross came to Freo, it was a bit of a traumatic experience also as Mark Harvey got the arse even though the majority of fans liked him, myself included.

But at the end of the day, it's about winning games, not who you like or dislike. Harvey is a bit forgotten at the moment.

And Dawson is a crab.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh that explains it chooka, army and police...afraid to extend yourself so take it out on your team insteadrolleyes.gif well the saints do look pretty in red white and black tongue.png

Running security for a aussie beer bar up there in CM?

Normaly I would go for the Hawks to as when you follow the Dees ( and ive done the penance with them more than once, like going to every game in 84 when they only one 1 game against the dogs from a goal by Robbie in the dyeing minuets of the game) you just got to have a second team and the Hawks are my second team who comforted me during those dark years.

But ive moved on Melbourne Victory is my team now, they win far more than they loose and are aggressive at climbing to the top.

To be honest I think the AFL is pretty boring these days to many rule changes to many blow out games, there going to have to put there hands into there pockets forever to save a club if they don't change the set up, love it or hate it they need to take a good look at the American system where they have confences, create many winners its a big deal to make the playoffs, its an even bigger deal to win your division and its even bigger deal to win your conference. There going to be tampering with the preseason cup again, ive totally lost interest in it, did you know the NFL has 4 practice games before the start of the season for each club and there a big deal.

No I just enjoyed serving my country and community, contributing to society. Made lifelong friendships out of itthumbsup.gif I believe security in Thailand is reserved for the locals but I don't need it whilst still being paid by the police.

I can criticize my team as much as anyone and will certainly do so when they need good shafting. We will rise again, don't know when but I will be there to enjoy the ride. That is what's so great about the game. A little like surfing you don't pack your bags and go home after one wave, you wait for the next one and just keep on enjoying it.

Robbie Flower was a champion and a legend at Melbourne no denying that and Melbourne will eventually pick themselves up. You have lost me on the Melbourne Victory bit tho, don't know them. What league are they in? Myself I am a one team man a bit like a good marriage where you don't have a bit on the side. Sure you will look at the eye candy that passes by but your heart is locked in. I will only be supporting the Hawks because they are Victorian and I love the game.

As for Americanising the game, we don't want that. The greatest game on earth is truly Australian and no game comes close. It is still a big deal to make the finals (playoffs) in Australia as it is with American football.