Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Ahhhhh chooka I don't think you can call AFL tough anymore, fairly pansy now compared to 20 ys ago its all run run run now days pretty much like Gallic football which is what out game came from think the black fellas and some of there Irish friends started it way back in penal days of old Melbourne town hehehe.

Ho and im allowed to bring soccer into an afl thread because I started this thread when I moved to BKK late 2011, yes that's right...im jinjinswing, after a while I got bored with TV and my social like took off so i stoped posting by the time I got back to it I forgot my password. if you don't belive me I still have a yahoo and Skype id as jinjinswing, hmmmmm I should try there password, but I did change it.

If chooka skypes you, are you going to be playing with both your balls for him?

Soccer and AFL of course...tongue.png

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahhhhh chooka I don't think you can call AFL tough anymore, fairly pansy now compared to 20 ys ago its all run run run now days pretty much like Gallic football which is what out game came from think the black fellas and some of there Irish friends started it way back in penal days of old Melbourne town hehehe.

Ho and im allowed to bring soccer into an afl thread because I started this thread when I moved to BKK late 2011, yes that's right...im jinjinswing, after a while I got bored with TV and my social like took off so i stoped posting by the time I got back to it I forgot my password. if you don't belive me I still have a yahoo and Skype id as jinjinswing, hmmmmm I should try there password, but I did change it.

You may not be able to crack skulls anymore but the game will still make a soccer player cringe.

Is Aliir Aliir the Sydney Swans’ answer to Majak Daw?

Just over a week ago, a Sudanese refugee by the name of Aliir Aliir was drafted by the Sydney Swans – and he could prove to be their answer to the other Sudanese sensation that is North Melbourne’s Majak Daw.

Born to Sudanese-Kenyan parents, Aliir lived in a Kenyan refugee camp while civil wars were breaking out in his home country of Sudan before his family made the decision to move to Australia at seven years of age.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/12/02/is-aliir-aliir-the-sydney-swans-answer-to-majak-daw/

There appears to be quite a few Sudanese guys running around in various competitions around the country. They seem like naturally gifted and agile Athletes and we could see a few more in the AFL in the years to come especially if those already there start making their mark on the game. I hope it happens and it could change the structure of the game given their height.

Western Sydney has a large Sudanese population so I am sure GWS will have people out and about and encouraging a few lads to join local comps.

Here's a clip on Aliir Aliir, he may turn into something in a couple of yrs for the swans and I hope he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXlkXetoV1U&feature=player_detailpage

• Like 1

Just over a week ago, a Sudanese refugee by the name of Aliir Aliir was drafted by the Sydney Swans – and he could prove to be their answer to the other Sudanese sensation that is North Melbourne’s Majak Daw.

Born to Sudanese-Kenyan parents, Aliir lived in a Kenyan refugee camp while civil wars were breaking out in his home country of Sudan before his family made the decision to move to Australia at seven years of age.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/12/02/is-aliir-aliir-the-sydney-swans-answer-to-majak-daw/

There appears to be quite a few Sudanese guys running around in various competitions around the country. They seem like naturally gifted and agile Athletes and we could see a few more in the AFL in the years to come especially if those already there start making their mark on the game. I hope it happens and it could change the structure of the game given their height.

Western Sydney has a large Sudanese population so I am sure GWS will have people out and about and encouraging a few lads to join local comps.

Here's a clip on Aliir Aliir, he may turn into something in a couple of yrs for the swans and I hope he does.

His name alone will give him cult status with the fans.

Some of the Sudanese are very tall and they will bulk up nicely, as Majak Daw has. They seem to have taken an interest in AFL over League.

• Like 1

His name alone will give him cult status with the fans.

Some of the Sudanese are very tall and they will bulk up nicely, as Majak Daw has. They seem to have taken an interest in AFL over League.

yea for sure if he makes the grade the chant is already there in his name. Majak in Melbourne has caused a large number of Sudanese to pick up the ball and he is a cult figure amongst the community. Aliir will become the same in Sydney hopefully and just what the AFL want especially in the Western Suburbs. Any odds on him becoming an AFL/Sydney Multicultural Ambassador for the area?

yea for sure if he makes the grade the chant is already there in his name. Majak in Melbourne has caused a large number of Sudanese to pick up the ball and he is a cult figure amongst the community. Aliir will become the same in Sydney hopefully and just what the AFL want especially in the Western Suburbs. Any odds on him becoming an AFL/Sydney Multicultural Ambassador for the area?

If he can make the regular team you can expect to see him out western Sydney a lot...probably in GWS heartland. There is quite a largish Sudanese group in Newcastle as well.

He is 18, 196cm and 90 kilos.

Apparently he only started learnt to kick the ball properly in 2009, so a remarkable effort.

• Like 1

Guys, can anyone tell me what these bra things area ll about?? I have seen them in numerous Swans training photos now

attachicon.gifBuddy in Bra.jpg

Always thought they were a mob of girls.biggrin.png

Dermott Brereton only played the one season with us tongue.png

Thats one person in the football game I could never stand and it got worse when he became a commentator.

• Like 1

Guys, can anyone tell me what these bra things area ll about?? I have seen them in numerous Swans training photos now

Always thought they were a mob of girls.biggrin.png

Dermott Brereton only played the one season with us tongue.png

Thats one person in the football game I could never stand and it got worse when he became a commentator.

I've never been a fan either.

Yes I can just see it now, the ball is driven into the forward line, Buddy is on his own in goal. Perfect uncontested mark, Buddy is shaking his wrists on his side like a butterfly, eyes like puppies in fear. He turns and runs right hand above the shoulder, left hand extended behind screaming aew, aew aew, I thought I was coming to play soccer.

Sorry Bookman.........

Meant for Alex or JinJin or whoever he his. He owns this forum so I will probably be banned.

Yes I can just see it now, the ball is driven into the forward line, Buddy is on his own in goal. Perfect uncontested mark, Buddy is shaking his wrists on his side like a butterfly, eyes like puppies in fear. He turns and runs right hand above the shoulder, left hand extended behind screaming aew, aew aew, I thought I was coming to play soccer.

Sorry Bookman.........

Meant for Alex or JinJin or whoever he his. He owns this forum so I will probably be banned.

You'll still be here for next year tipping chooka. I'm sure of that

Sorry Bookman.........

count me in from the start next yearthumbsup.gif

Might have to start a new thread for 2014 exclusively for AFL ONLY.

I also run a team in the dream team comp if people on here want to mix it for fun...... Come on let's do it...

Sorry Bookman.........

I also run a team in the dream team comp if people on here want to mix it for fun...... Come on let's do it...

Who is the dream team comp with?

Do u pick your line up at the of the year and pick from that?

@BOOKMAN it is a fantasy league.

You are the coach and you have every player in the AFL at your disposal to enlist into your dream team. You do have a salary cap tho of around 10 mil but can trade players (2 per wk) BUY and Sell. Free to play and you pit your team each week against mates in your league. The ladder and points/percentage work the same as the AFL and you go through to play in your leagues finals/or not.

It's fun and I have been doing it for 3 yrs costs nothing only the ribbing from fellow players same as on here.

here is a link....

http://www.afl.com.au/fantasy

You are the coach and you have every player in the AFL at your disposal to enlist into your dream team. You do have a salary cap tho of around 10 mil but can trade players (2 per wk) BUY and Sell. Free to play and you pit your team each week against mates in your league. The ladder and points/percentage work the same as the AFL and you go through to play in your leagues finals/or not.

It's fun and I have been doing it for 3 yrs costs nothing only the ribbing from fellow players same as on here.

here is a link....

Yeah I'll check that out tomorrow, thanks.

So you propose, TV members on this thread who want to, form a fantasy league as well?

• Like 1

Sorry Bookman.........

I think that would be a great idea

• Like 2

here is a link....

So you propose, TV members on this thread who want to, form a fantasy league as well?

Yep form a Fantasy league play against each other, put the tips in as normal and keep the chat going in a fresh forum for 2014.

• Like 1

here is a link....

Yep form a Fantasy league play against each other, put the tips in as normal and keep the chat going in a fresh forum for 2014.

The fantasy league sounds good chooka. I'll be in that for sure

• Like 1

Essendon coach James Hird offered 'sweetened' AFL deal to accept drug sanctions, reports say

James Hird was reportedly offered an opportunity for career advancement, including overseas travel, and a secure place in the AFL Hall of Fame, as part of a deal between the AFL and Essendon over his role in the supplements scandal.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-coach-james-hird-offered-sweetened-afl-deal-to-accept-drug-sanctions-reports-say-20131204-2ypel.html#ixzz2mSgqGaqm

Gold Coast is set to sack hard man Campbell Brown following LA dust up with Steven May

Gone

Gorn

Gonski

CAMPBELL Brown will be sacked by the Gold Coast Suns.

News Limited understands the investigation into the Los Angeles incident has been completed.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-is-set-to-sack-hard-man-campbell-brown-following-la-dust-up-with-steven-may/story-fniv6860-1226774179382

• Like 1

Essendon coach James Hird offered 'sweetened' AFL deal to accept drug sanctions, reports say

James Hird was reportedly offered an opportunity for career advancement, including overseas travel, and a secure place in the AFL Hall of Fame, as part of a deal between the AFL and Essendon over his role in the supplements scandal.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-coach-james-hird-offered-sweetened-afl-deal-to-accept-drug-sanctions-reports-say-20131204-2ypel.html#ixzz2mSgqGaqm

Here is another link with the video of the interview with Andrew this morning on 3AW.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/andrew-demetriou-denies-secret-deal-with-james-hird-and-essendon/20131204-2ypj4.html

Gold Coast is set to sack hard man Campbell Brown following LA dust up with Steven May

Gone

Gorn

Gonski

CAMPBELL Brown will be sacked by the Gold Coast Suns.

News Limited understands the investigation into the Los Angeles incident has been completed.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-is-set-to-sack-hard-man-campbell-brown-following-la-dust-up-with-steven-may/story-fniv6860-1226774179382

That's fair, he has thrown it all away.