Land Office Chanut Measurements Not Correct.

Hi All

I am trying to find out a little information for my sister-in-law and her husband. They have purchased a small piece of land and in a rush started to build a house before having the land office verify measurements. When the land office came out last week the SIL has been informed that the land purchased is under size. They purchased what they believed was 1.25 rai and the land measurements came out at 1 rai. I myself always understood that Chanut title was the most accurate and least problematic of deeds that could be owned in Thailand so wondered where along the way a mistake has been made either by the SIL rushing to build before checking this all out or whether somewhere down the line the land office have made mistakes previously on file as to the size of the plot. Anyhow has anyone had a similar situation arise and what are the options to sort this out if any.

1. Should she accept this and move on putting it down to lack of experience.

2. Complain to the land office for what ever good that meay be.

3. Sue the owner and/or seek compensation for the loss of land sold.

etc..

Thanks.

I don't know what colour garuda on the document but i can ask. the measurements were carried out by land office officials last week who discovered it was under size to the proposed area.

Knowing the type would be better, the colour is only a partial clue.

What Borders the land surely if possible the land office should just measure out to the chanote and correct the position of the land markers ,that is if the neighbours haven't encroached and built a border on what is supposedly your Land

Get the land resurveyed by the land office ( Ti Din) Here in CM it cost 1700 baht, complete with new cement markers and we were lucky, the land was bigger than we thought and we are waiting for a new Chanote

I don't know what colour garuda on the document but i can ask. the measurements were carried out by land office officials last week who discovered it was under size to the proposed area.

Would be nice for all to know what the different colors can be and what they mean.

Would be nice for all to know what the different colors can be and what they mean.

http://www.thailawon...n-thailand.html

this may help a little

The info I got about garuda colour came somewhere else but also indicated it was a guide and there were exceptions.

Edited by harrry