TAT To Officially Unveil 'Miracle Year Of Amazing Thailand' Campaign Next Week

webfact

It beats Taiwan's "Taiwan, better than you thought it would be."

At least Thailand is working with a good travel product.

Or Iran's....."It's not all shi-ite"

It's actually quite sunny!

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who presented her government's tourism policies to the Cabinet, hopes to boost total visitors to 30 million per year in the next four years.

The new government is also hoping to boost tourism income to Bt2 Trillion per year by 2016.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4657523

Reminiscent of an earlier Shinatwatra/TAT hook-up that expected pallet loads of cash... which never materialized.

Thailand Elite Card, the brainchild of former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is TPC's sole owner

the goal was to attract a million subscribers in five years for revenue of 1 trillion baht.

"The exhibition commemorates the three special royal occasions that make up the Miracle Year, including His Majesty the King's 84th Birthday, Her Majesty the Queen's 80th Birthday, and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn's 60th Birthday."

I really can't see how these 3 events would encourage people to come to Thailand for their holiday anymore the Queen of Englands birthday would encourage Thias to visit England.

starting with a campaign highlighting the best five destinations to celebrate this year's Songkran Festival

Way to go TAT ... lets celebrate the silliest and most deathly of all Thailand festivals.....

"The exhibition commemorates the three special royal occasions that make up the Miracle Year, including His Majesty the King's 84th Birthday, Her Majesty the Queen's 80th Birthday, and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn's 60th Birthday."

I really can't see how these 3 events would encourage people to come to Thailand for their holiday anymore the Queen of Englands birthday would encourage Thias to visit England.

NOT the Queen's birthday BUT the 60th year of the Queen's reign, her Diamond Jubilee

If TAT is spending 220 million baht to promote Thailand overseas, where is the rest of the 6.34 Billion Baht budget going?

Possibly 340 Million Baht for lavish stage show presentations

images-1.jpg

and then possibly the remaining 6 Billion Baht spent for eye-catching and snappy banner advertisements

7028FA05CF7D490C49F81F7D31642EC2.jpg

Edited by Buchholz

Is it my imagination, or are all English-language marketing slogans in Thailand based on the rearrangement of six or seven vaguely positive-sounding adjectives, half of which are never used by sentient native English speakers? I suppose we should be grateful they haven't used "upscale" or "trendy". Actually, that might work. "Trendy Thailand, For all Your Upscale Lifestyle Needs".

I vote for 'Amazing Rich Thailand Miracle Year' ! cool.png

The som-tam lady, source of all cultural-insight into Miracle Thailand, recently revealed to me the TAT's latest plan to ensure the doubling of tourist-arrivals over the next four years.

Apparently they plan to build a 25-meter-high waving-Chinese-lucky-cat, at the end of each runway, at Swampy. tongue.png

I found this rumour strangely believable, but cannot personally guarantee its veracity. cool.png

The som-tam lady, source of all cultural-insight into Miracle Thailand, recently revealed to me the TAT's latest plan to ensure the doubling of tourist-arrivals over the next four years.

Apparently they plan to build a 25-meter-high waving-Chinese-lucky-cat, at the end of each runway, at Swampy. tongue.png

I found this rumour strangely believable, but cannot personally guarantee its veracity. cool.png

Sadly, it might just work.

Sadly, it might just work.

Only if the cat manages to avoid swatting any of the arriving/departing aircraft. rolleyes.gif

I found this rumour strangely believable, but cannot personally guarantee its veracity.

cool.png

It has loads more veracity than the PM's dribble about 2 Trillion Baht from TAT's tourism .

Edited by Buchholz

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who presented her government's tourism policies to the Cabinet, hopes to boost total visitors to 30 million per year in the next four years.

I love TAN. How else would I have learned there are such things as government's tourism policies?

I thought Miss Look&Feelgood and her cabinet are focussed and already busy enough to bring their favorite Dubai-Tourist to the Thai-Light- Zone...

Regarding the slogan: Is there anyone out there not thinking the common people contributed enough during the last two Miracle Years of Amazing Thailand? A year without "Miracles" would give them a fair relief.

Miracle Years of Amazing Thailand, could it be that next year the "dear Leader" from Dubai is coming back walking on wather?