Phuket Model Crowned Miss Thailand World 2012

Lite Beer

Phuket model crowned Miss Thailand World 2012

Phuket Gazette –

phuket-1-12741iAsKFWWAWlHQIaHgjApafhsiaA.jpg

Vanessa “Na-Chatra” Poung Herrmann Muangkod, the 20-year-old Thai-German model born and raised in Phuket, will represent Thailand at the global finals in China on August 18. Photo: Miss Thailand World

PHUKET: Phuket model Vanessa “Na-Chatra” Muangkod was crowned Miss Thailand World 2012 on Saturday night, and picked up three other accolades during the renowned beauty pageant.

Miss Muangkod, a former student at Satree Phuket School, was also bestowed the titles Miss Beauty With a Purpose, Miss Top Model and Best in Swimsuit at the gala event, organized by Thai TV Channel 3 and BEC Tero Entertainment and held at the Bangkok Convention Center at Centara Grand, Central World.

Wining the three titles allowed Miss Muangkod to be “fast-tracked” into the final round of the competition, joining nine other finalists, chosen through elimination from an initial bevy of 30 beauties.

As winner of the prestigious crown, she was awarded prizes valued at more than six million baht.

Avid readers of the Phuket Gazette might remember Miss Muangkod from earlier reports.

Named Vanessa “Na-Chatra” Poung Herrmann Muangkod, the 20-year-old Thai-German model was born and raised in Phuket and also goes by the nickname “Van”.

She graduated from Satree Phuket School in Phuket with a bachelor of arts in humanities at Ramkhamhaeng University.

Not new to beauty pageants, Miss Muangkod made it to the final 50 round of the Miss Teen Thailand 2008 and to the final round of the Thai Supermodel Contest 2011.

She will now represent Thailand at the Miss World 2012 finals at Ordos, Inner Mongolia, in China, on August 18.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12741.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-03-26

Wow! Beauty truly lies in the eye of the beholder. I can find 100 ladies at any mall in Thailand within an hour that IMHO are 100 times prettier than this lady or the runner-ups. Maybe a little harsh but jeez Louise...that's the best Thailand can muster???

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beer holder !!!

clap2.gif

Thailand seems to be, as far as I know, the only country calling the winner of this hugely important contest Miss Thailand WORLD...........

Miss Thailand World goes on to compete in the Miss World pageant, just like Miss World Canada, Miss World USA, etc. It's a whole different league than Miss Universe. The winner of each country's Miss World pageant has to have "World" in her title to distinguish from Miss Universe contestants.

I watched this and am sorry to say that there were only a few beautiful women there, and the winner was definitely not one of them. And when some of them were singing I could hear the soi dogs as their backup singers.

• Like 2

Wow! Beauty truly lies in the eye of the beholder. I can find 100 ladies at any mall in Thailand within an hour that IMHO are 100 times prettier than this lady or the runner-ups. Maybe a little harsh but jeez Louise...that's the best Thailand can muster???

Yep seldom do I understand what the criteria is for most of these beauty contests.. I do see much more attractive women around even to represent other countries but I guess they must enter to win and most of them don't have the connections nor the confidence to do so.

My heartiest congratulations to the winner of Miss Thailandlightcolouredskinworld.

Lets not forget that nose either, most of the features that make Thai women and indeed Asian ladies beautiful and exotic are considered lower class here and despised..

• Like 1

My heartiest congratulations to the winner of Miss Thailandlightcolouredskinworld.

Lets not forget that nose either, most of the features that make Thai women and indeed Asian ladies beautiful and exotic are considered lower class here and despised..

give me a jutting jaw full of white teeth,bee stung lips and smooth brown skin any day

• Like 2

They are only despised by the despisable...

Thank Madison Avenue, USA - the MNC's ad agency hit teams go into countries, analyze the population's natural features, then blitzkrieg all media with ad/propaganda that pronounces them ugly, low class, loserville... and then schlep little plastic bottles of The Cure & Answer to All their Dreams to them.

I miss Thailand of Old.

Nope.

Wouldn't phuk it.

Fortunately it appears that the judging criteria extended well beyond their meat market appeal. The mia luang informs me that her speech was by far the best of the lot. Congratulations to the winner and good luck in the world competition.

Nope.

Wouldn't phuk it.

Fortunately it appears that the judging criteria extended well beyond their meat market appeal. The mia luang informs me that her speech was by far the best of the lot. Congratulations to the winner and good luck in the world competition.

Any idea what she gave her speech on? Something substantive, e.g., art, culture, history, politics, human suffering, environmental issues, etc.? Or just a monologue on how to get teeth really white?

Miss Thailand World goes on to compete in the Miss World pageant, just like Miss World Canada, Miss World USA, etc. It's a whole different league than Miss Universe. The winner of each country's Miss World pageant has to have "World" in her title to distinguish from Miss Universe contestants.

You seem to understand this pageant thing pretty well.

So what's the difference between Miss World and Miss Universe?

Does the first one only allow humans from 196 countries to participate... while the second also allows non-humans from Andromeda IX ?

• Like 1

Nope.

Wouldn't phuk it.

Any idea what she gave her speech on? Something substantive, e.g., art, culture, history, politics, human suffering, environmental issues, etc.? Or just a monologue on how to get teeth really white?

Maybe she took some coaching lessons from the Prime Minister...

Nope.

Wouldn't phuk it.

Maybe she took some coaching lessons from the Prime Minister...

Why? Does the PM also lay claim to the "Best in Swimsuit" or "Miss Beauty with a Purpose" titles?