Spouse Earning More Than You

barefoot1988

You're quite right, MPB.

You have - in one beautiful post - completely destroyed me by pointing out a typo. My reputation is in tatters. I have been reduced to a mere husk of a poster, and shall forever be ashamed to show my face in this forum.

I only hope you are not too hard on me in future.

You're a great man. A truly truly great man.

It was nice knowing you, Bendix . . . hang your head in shame as you are the first contributor in TV history to ridiculously produce a typo, therefore bringing this site into disrepute.

Luckily no-one will be looking closely at Mr. Medium's posts closely from now on as he can't make mistakes

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice knowing you, Bendix . . . hang your head in shame as you are the first contributor in TV history to ridiculously produce a typo, therefore bringing this site into disrepute.

Luckily no-one will be looking closely at Mr. Medium's posts closely from now on as he can't make mistakes

I'm not leaving Sing_Sling. That would be too easy an escape.

Instead I feel my disgrace is so great that I should hang around - a painful and abject shell of my former self - so that others can pity or ridicule me as they see fit. They can look at me and avert their eyes in horror and contempt, thinking 'But for the grace of God, there go I'.

I hope my continued presence will serve to make others feel better about themselves by comparison.

My Thai wife made more money than me. What I felt mostly was... pride.

Fwiw she was quite generous with her earnings and she wanted to pay some of the household expenses. I let her buy our groceries. Sometimes she would pay for our drinks when we went out.

I'm not leaving Sing_Sling. That would be too easy an escape.

Instead I feel my disgrace is so great that I should hang around - a painful and abject shell of my former self - so that others can pity or ridicule me as they see fit. They can look at me and avert their eyes in horror and contempt, thinking 'But for the grace of God, there go I'.

I hope my continued presence will serve to make others feel better about themselves by comparison.

Ah, internal exile . . . quite fiendish of you.

Ok, practice the following:

But the, of course . . .

Well ye, I'd love to . . .

I've been ther, thanks

i find it odd that someone can suggest that I shouldn't want to retire and that I should get a life in the same passage. Very weird. But the, of course, I was a fast right hand bowler, not a trundling medium pacer
I bowled for Oxford University. Let's have a look at what you've written. You say that "but the, of course.........." I don't think there is any need to take things further, do you? Hopefully we can both agree on what I am; and hopefully we can both agree on what you are not. If you want to be taken seriously, little Bendix, learn to write.
You're quite right, MPB. You have - in one beautiful post - completely destroyed me by pointing out a typo. My reputation is in tatters. I have been reduced to a mere husk of a poster, and shall forever be ashamed to show my face in this forum. I only hope you are not too hard on me in future. You're a great man. A truly truly great man.

I believe that is an Oxford comma, you may not yet have earned the right to use those...

I believe that is an Oxford comma, you may not yet have earned the right to use those...

I think you needed a semi-colon after the word comma,richard, not a . . . . ummmm . . comma.

Hang your head in shame.

LOL - indeed... and the fact that in your case the comma before the 'and' was not in fact an Oxford comma (the comma should not be there in the first place !)...

(I am amused by the irony in correcting someone's mistakes while making our own - I expected a certain other poster to climb all over the comma issue).

OK, OK ... let's not turn this into the UK Pensions Thread mark II.

Personally I'd be wrapped if the (future) missus earnt more then me.

Before MPB turns up, David, you might want to change that 'wrapped' to the correct spelling . . . rapt.

You know what these people are like.

And I think you mean earned, not earnt.

And possibly I instead of me (although I'm never too sure of that rule).

I'll get me my coat. . .

Edited by bendix

Before MPB turns up, David, you might want to change that 'wrapped' to the correct spelling . . . rapt.

I'll get me my coat. . .

Please don't go crying.gif

I'll get me my coat. . .

Oh ... if I could turn back time.

Correct with all three points ... three strikes and I'm out.

Better get me coat as well.

... but on second thoughts, maybe I was wrapped in the money (literally)

Earnt, because I was thinking of past tense ... you never know what the future holds.

As a matter of conjecture, earnt might be acceptable.

And me because it was written the laissez-faire 'street style'.

Now had my third thought, you're correct ... I'll also get my coat crying.gif

Edited by David48

I have friends in Singapore (husband and wife, same age, local Chinese), she earns massive commissions on oil trading, he earns a quite nice professional salary.

- She says she wishes she had the lower stress situation her husband enjoys.

- He confirms she works under deep stress.

- He tries hard to make life as easy as possible for her, to limit family chores, plan things, shopping, etc.

- They have an agreement that she will stay in this job until they have reached a savings goal whereby they can have a very sizable nest egg, own a good home, big investments for kids education, etc, and then both work part-time in non stress jobs, and contribute actively to the community. Probably about 45 years old.

Their both very balanced people, they're pretty happy.

I hope she does not have a heart attack before 45. The question is, what is your life worth to you?