If You Were Allowed To...........................

chrisinth

@ chrisinth

Mate YOU don't have a problem with the 'Quotes' ... it's a TVF thing.

It appears that the maximum number of sequential quotes allowed is four.

But the error message you get doesn't say that, but something about wrong number of opening and closing quotes ... spent hours one night trying to suss it out!

One way around it is to remove the quotes which are irrelevant to your post.

Sorry ... thinking like an admin guy now.

Sparkies cap back on now ... where do I sign?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No real problem with the mechanical side of things; usually if the hammer doesn't fix it, it must be an electrical problem.

Any sparkies out there?

Just between you and me ... I raise my hand, just don't tell anyone else.

(the number of times we get requests for that extra powerpoint / ceiling fan etc angry.png )

Bit rusty though ... haven't worked in the trade for many a year.

... is there a pension plan?

... and I want mine indexed!

SC ... yes, did spend some time in Germany licklips.gif

Not sure about a pension plan, could very well be a pension trap is it ever happens! biggrin.png

@ chrisinth

Mate YOU don't have a problem with the 'Quotes' ... it's a TVF thing.

It appears that the maximum number of sequential quotes allowed is four.

But the error message you get doesn't say that, but something about wrong number of opening and closing quotes ... spent hours one night trying to suss it out!

One way around it is to remove the quotes which are irrelevant to your post.

Sorry ... thinking like an admin guy now.

Sparkies cap back on now ... where do I sign?

Cheers for the heads up on that; thought it was number restricted.

Sparkie side of things, just bring a screwdriver and some masking tape (or selletape). I've seen hundreds of the locals do it like this and it can't be that bad as we have light!

I think I would open a Coyote Bar fro the hard of hearing! Plenty of poles about ( not people from Poland) so that people who feel inclined could do a bit of the girating , get abit of an atmosphere going, very important I think you will agree. Now I thought it would be novel to encourage a few females in for the on going entertainment of the customers, so, to really think outside of th box I thought right then no one under 130k, feel the width comes to mind. Big break from tradtion here no beer, dont want it to be confused with a Beer Bar or indeed Bar Beer, so I will sell pots of Tea, Jasmine, Ginseng, Ceylon, China, Earl Grey, you name it we will have it.

In view of the buxome ladies on show I thought a good name for the Club, yes you will have to join, would THE TUB OF LARD.

Apply from next month.

How is the recruiting going?

Full complement yet?

If you need a chief stoker ... maybe Thaddeus?

Chief safety officer could be Dean999 with the emphasis on buoyancy vests.

Navigation could be Bendix as he is akin to planning.

Any other suggestions forthcoming?

How is the recruiting going?

Full complement yet?

If you need a chief stoker ... maybe Thaddeus?

Chief safety officer could be Dean999 with the emphasis on buoyancy vests.

Navigation could be Bendix as he is akin to planning.

Any other suggestions forthcoming?

Hi David, Ongoing!

I am travelling at the minute, but looking out for potential personnel. How did you get on with the screwdriver? Saw a neat trick yesterday that didn't even need electrical tape/selletape! Could be on a cost saver here!

Have ordered a set of hammers and a condom for the mechanical side. Apparently if the small hammer doesn't work, use the medium one. If that doesn't work, use the big one.

If all the above fail, <deleted> it! That was from K. Somchai down at the repair shop.

Anyway, have to go. Will report as and when I can.

Otherwise I would try to start a business in water, in particular drinking water, mineral water, carbonized water. Thailand is a country with a lot of water waiting to be used.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of carbonized water. Perhaps you meant carbonated (fizzy) water?

@ dean999 (got a problem with tags now)

"Yeah still in but looking to get out. The last straw was them changing are pension's. I was on probably the same pension as you (PS 75). Sorry everyone for mentioning the dreaded word pension.

I'm not a stoker, i was talking about trying to do a job with nothing. Like saying,"it's like being a pilot without a plane".

I'm a jack dusty. Gods branch. giggle.gif

Sorry again, being off topic. I'll give myself a slap and send myself to bed. giggle.gif"

OK, OK, stores are good, very very good! If you don't mind we can put you in charge of the rum ration (bit out-dated so we can use what we can). Would be better if you had a back-to-back as I can see you being busy clap2.gif

No real problem with the mechanical side of things; usually if the hammer doesn't fix it, it must be an electrical problem.

Any sparkies out there?

Sparkies? In Thailand? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That's a good one

an immigration department ? if there was ever a cocked up department ,thats got to be it

imagine having to go outside thailand to get a stamp from a thai official so you can come back into ......Thailand ?

Imagine CHOOSING to live in a country where you don't qualify for a visa which enables you to actually live there!! clap2.gif

an immigration department ? if there was ever a cocked up department ,thats got to be it

imagine having to go outside thailand to get a stamp from a thai official so you can come back into ......Thailand ?

Imagine CHOOSING to live in a country where you don't qualify for a visa which enables you to actually live there!! clap2.gif

My impression was that he was hoping the regulations would be tightened up so that people who did not qualify for residency visas would not be allowed to live here. Which reminds me, I need to find out how my visa paperwork is going... the irony would be unbearable.

SC

Proof-reading / writing essays for rich Thai University students... with the work outsourced to TV members using an auction system to find the cheapest native English speaker available for each assignment!...

If you stick to dissertations and theses, there's no need to worry about getting repeat business either.

If you do a good job, there won't be any repeat business, and if you don't, someone else will get the business next time...

SC

Edit: You might be better targetting the middle classes, who can't afford a hit man.

Edit: And why hamper the business model by restricting yourself to native English speakers. So long as they can string three words together, operate a thesaurus and quote a good price, who cares?

Or did I misread native-English speakers when I should have read native English-speakers, who might work for the minimum wage.

Edited by StreetCowboy

How about a dark beer with skin ligthening agent in it, I think that would sell like hot chips although it would not be cheap as chips!

That would be guinness. Look at how pasty-white the Irish are.

SC

yes ,its the Guinness

Nothing to do with the blazing heat of irish weather !

yes ,its really smart and efficient ,making people fly from BKK to Singapore to get a stamp from the THAI immigration office so they can be allowed to come back to BKK and study in a thai school .Einstein himself couldnt have devised such a clever system hit-the-fan.gif