If You Were Allowed To...........................

chrisinth

Just as a thought, if restrictions were lifted in Thailand, and you could start a business here, what would you do that would be better than is already being done here? And to what advantage or opportunities would that business give to Thailand?

Myself personally, would likely go into Health Safety & Environment consultancy or something along those lines. Advantages for Thailand would be getting ready for it becoming a requirement for workshops/workspaces here.

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this getting moved to the Business forum however, in all seriousness the business I would get involved in would be Storage / Self Storage / Container parks.

If you get a good reputation for the first two then you will have a very strong business which would be relatively cheap to set up, and not require a lot of that most elusive of creature's, trustworthy and reliable employees.

The container park idea is similar too, however you could set up a day access area so that small businesses could open their containers on a daily basis and use them as business hubs, while people looking for longer term storage could get their containers effectively buried below other's and know that their good were very secure.

You would get a good consistent income from these type's of business, and while not risk free, ( they do have their foibles too ), they don't need gigantic investments and are not overly stressful.

What makes you think there is a demand for Health and Safety officers in Thailand? huh.png

Coming soon I believe. Most companies are now ISO trained (in the fabrication sector anyway) to one level or another, most common being ISO 9001:2008 which is quality management, and I can see this being added to requirements.

What makes you think there is a demand for Health and Safety officers in Thailand? huh.png

Coming soon I believe. Most companies are now ISO trained (in the fabrication sector anyway) to one level or another, most common being ISO 9001:2008 which is quality management, and I can see this being added to requirements.

You are actually serious, aren't you ?

To a level anyway.wink.png . This is sort of the area I have been working for the last several years, mostly QA/QC and you may be surprised as to the advances here, especially when the companies have to conform to the (foreign) customer's specifications.

Needed something to start the thread anyway to pave the cynic's paths.

People with influence will buy the contracts from the large Japanese companies. Not many others will bother ?

I can't see a country where most people working as drivers are permantly drunk all day and allowed to because the company owners have already paid tea money to be left alone changing to paying for health and safety.

To a level anyway.wink.png . This is sort of the area I have been working for the last several years, mostly QA/QC and you may be surprised as to the advances here, especially when the companies have to conform to the (foreign) customer's specifications.

All kidding aside, I believe that Tour Operators should be held to a higher standard duty of case for their customers, and that any hotel they recommend in their brochure's should be inspected and certificated as being safe by professional Health and Safety officers.

That would be a start in driving up standards throughout the country and lessen the amount of stupid, needless deaths by electrocution in showers, electrocution by pool side fridges etc.

Not interested. If its a new idea to TL, as soon as it becomes successful, a Thai will copy it and you will soon begin receiving death threats as well as getting demands for tea money. Been there, done that. If you're up for dealing with the criminal element, both 'legal' and illegal, go for it.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

• Like 1

I could be certification officer for beer bars and massage centers.

• Like 1

We supply all the big car manufacturer in Thailand+export and no one even asked us for a certificate.

But I guess ISO 9001 can't be expensive at Kaosan Road.

an immigration department ? if there was ever a cocked up department ,thats got to be it

imagine having to go outside thailand to get a stamp from a thai official so you can come back into ......Thailand ?

Off topic I know, but I went to 3 different factories today, all have H / S practices in place, with monthly meetings etc, not saying the people in charge are trained to English standards for example ( maybe they are ? ), but Health and Safety is already here in Thailand and being carried out.

On topic I would start a Soi dog extermination or export company, you did say all restrictions being lifted licklips.gif

There's plenty of local certification agents will write you an ISO 9001 or OSHAS 18001 or ISO 14001 certificate, if you want. But I think that there are a lot of businesses here that see controlled management as a burden to be shirked, rather than a cutting edge to foil the opposition or to hack away the inefficiencies.

On the other hand, once the companies see the value of management systems, you may find that they can work it out for themselves...

The business niche that I've always felt was unfilled was for an international business services company to sort out all the business administrative crap for small entrepreneurial businesses operating across national boundaries; providing serviced office space, company administrative support (company secretary, annual returns, auditing and so forth), personnel services; giving the one-man-band the same support that the multi-nationals have.

SC

an immigration department ? if there was ever a cocked up department ,thats got to be it

imagine having to go outside thailand to get a stamp from a thai official so you can come back into ......Thailand ?

I thought about this one a few years ago.

Take a parcel of land, say 20 rai, between Bangkok and Pattaya and build a huge warehouse. Declare it "offshore" for immigration purposes and charge each visitor 1,000 Baht for a 90 day stamp. Also provide Non-O visas for 6,000 Baht.

Off topic I know, but I went to 3 different factories today, all have H / S practices in place, with monthly meetings etc, not saying the people in charge are trained to English standards for example ( maybe they are ? ), but Health and Safety is already here in Thailand and being carried out.

On topic I would start a Soi dog extermination or export company, you did say all restrictions being lifted licklips.gif

Someone has beaten you to the Soi dog plan.........they are being exported to China after being promised jobs as studs, good kennels and three square meals a day.

Unfortunately for them, The meal part is right rolleyes.gif