Where To Get Unmixed D - Vitamin Tablets In Thailand

Felt 35

Hospital. Doc at Bumrungrad gave me capsules when I was diagnosed with deficiency, later I tried to find them in pharmacies but no luck so bought online instead (easier than going to the hospital!!).

I was told in a Bangkok pharmacy that, of all things, Vitamin D is a controlled in Thailand and that I had to go to the hospital to get it!!! I assume it requires doctor's prescription.

I was also looking to get 1000 IU as my doctor in Singapore recommended cutting down from my current 2000 IU dosage. So I got it in a pharmacy in Singapore.

Forgot to mention - the nice thing about the capsules from Bumrungrad was that they are mega-strength to be be taken once a month. Really loved that as I hate having to swallow pills every day!

BUT - I HAD done the blood test and the results showed deficiency (probably because it's so hot here I hide from the sun as much as possible).

Doc also said too much of it is no good though so it's not recommended to take mega-doses without having had a blood test first.

I use Iherb.com. They ship to Thailand and have the lowest airfreight costs I have seen. If you use this code YOQ460 (or one of the other codes found on the internet) you get USD 5 of your first order which pays for the shipping. Keep the order total under about Baht 1200 Baht (from my experience) and customs will not hold it for taxes/duties. Cheers!