Necklace Thief Run-Over By A “Good Samaritan”

Rimmer

"We're talking about a guy driving by in a car possibly with a limited view of what's going on trying to run someone over who allegedly snatched something."

I don't want to be argumentative (well I do today) but you seem to be going out of your way to inject doubt and misdirection into this story in an attempt to label the driver as some kind of Mad Max serial killer.

Have you considred that he saw the whole incident clearly from start to finish and was in no doubt that the thief was in fact just that. Having witnessed what he clearly knew was a crime and seeing an opportunity to block the thiefs' escape he simply moved in car into the path of the bike?

I'm not "going out of your way to inject doubt and misdirection into this story". It is you who is doing that. I'm going with the story as given which is all we have to go with.

i.e. "Khun Manop aged 38 saw the incident as he drove past in his pick-up and decided to run the suspect over as he attempted to escape on his bike"

and the headline of story: "Suspected necklace thief ran-over by “Good Samaritan”

Note use of the words "suspected", "suspect" and "ran-over".

Of course you are!

He says "Saw".

You say "Possibly, Limited View and Alleged"

All you have to go on is that he said he "Saw" the crime. You have flavored that with a multitude of misdirections.

"We're talking about a guy driving by in a car possibly with a limited view of what's going on trying to run someone over who allegedly snatched something."

I don't want to be argumentative (well I do today) but you seem to be going out of your way to inject doubt and misdirection into this story in an attempt to label the driver as some kind of Mad Max serial killer.

Have you considred that he saw the whole incident clearly from start to finish and was in no doubt that the thief was in fact just that. Having witnessed what he clearly knew was a crime and seeing an opportunity to block the thiefs' escape he simply moved in car into the path of the bike?

I'm not "going out of your way to inject doubt and misdirection into this story". It is you who is doing that. I'm going with the story as given which is all we have to go with.

i.e. "Khun Manop aged 38 saw the incident as he drove past in his pick-up and decided to run the suspect over as he attempted to escape on his bike"

and the headline of story: "Suspected necklace thief ran-over by “Good Samaritan”

Note use of the words "suspected", "suspect" and "ran-over".

Of course you are!

He says "Saw".

You say "Possibly, Limited View and Alleged"

All you have to go on is that he said he "Saw" the crime. You have flavored that with a multitude of misdirections.

Give it a break. If "saw" was fact, then there would be no need for the words "suspected", would there?

You know my point of view - the car driver is Mad Max and should be taken off the road.

There was no need of the word "suspected",

-it was a journalist typo or habit

Khun Manop was declared the hero-of-the-day and praised for his efforts by Police. Khun Niyadar received back her gold necklace and Khun Pishaert was taken to Hospital and was later charged with aggravated theft.
Edited by poanoi

I have seen snatch and grab like this take place on second rd. I don't see how it is possible to be confused about in any way about it if one is a witness. I did pursue for a couple of minutes but the thieves turn onto soi Honey and must have been going 100kph on that soi, No way I could keep up.

I have seen snatch and grab like this take place on second rd. I don't see how it is possible to be confused about in any way about it if one is a witness. I did pursue for a couple of minutes but the thieves turn onto soi Honey and must have been going 100kph on that soi, No way I could keep up.

... yeah, real smart - chasing the snatchers. What would you have done if they pulled a knife or gun on you?... for what? 10 or 20k worth of gold jewellery. Do you think you can just overpower these guys or they're going to say sorry and hand back the jewellery to a meddling foreigner?

Edited by tropo

... yeah, real smart - chasing the snatchers. What would you have done if they pulled a knife or gun on you?... for what? 10 or 20k worth of gold jewellery. Do you think you can just overpower these guys or they're going to say sorry and hand back the jewellery to a meddling foreigner?

Overpower them? Not at all, that would be silly.

Hitting them with your car seems to work just fine.

Edited by necronx99

Is seems like you want victims to go quietly into the night from some of your past posts. To answer your question if I got close enough to them I would start screaming "Kamoy" and pointing at them; the victim was also chasing them and it was in the afternoon, plenty of people around. If I had to defend myself I would but that would be a last resort. I use to train in Krav Maga and half of the time training we would practice defense against knife attacks. There is no guarantee in life but if we act like sheep the wolves will take over.

Overpower them? Not at all, that would be silly.

Hitting them with your car seems to work just fine.

He didn't mention if he was pursuing them in a car or on a bike. I assumed a bike as he mentioned not being able to keep up at 100 km/h.

There is no guarantee in life but if we act like sheep the wolves will take over.

Ok, you're sounding like a real hero - either that or complete fool.

Is seems like you want victims to go quietly into the night from some of your past posts. To answer your question if I got close enough to them I would start screaming "Kamoy" and pointing at them; the victim was also chasing them and it was in the afternoon, plenty of people around. If I had to defend myself I would but that would be a last resort. I use to train in Krav Maga and half of the time training we would practice defense against knife attacks. There is no guarantee in life but if we act like sheep the wolves will take over.

I want victims to use their brains and not do stupid things which could end up getting them killed. They could start by not carrying money around their necks.

Ok, so you're a regular super hero.

Better a live sheep than a dead fool (aka super hero). I don't suppose you read my story about a group of snatchers pulling a gun on me after chasing them. Are you faster than a speeding bullet?

This is not your country to change. Nothing you can do will change it. Snatchers are everywhere - you'll never sort them out no matter how hard you try. Do you think another snatcher is concerned about the one you caught?

I find your response hard to believe, yesterday you were commenting to someone that it is ok to rent a jetski, before that the stabbed Canadian injuries required no more than a band-aid. I will concede that wearing jewelery around your neck is not a good idea but are you next going to say those people who in the mall last weekend in Hat Yai had it coming or do stupid things which could end up getting them killed, I guess this fits into your philosophy quote earlier in post 30 "I don't have sympathy for anyone here - I'm just seeing things as they are."