LOTTERY OFFICIALS CONFIRM WINNING TICKET FOR RECORD $640 MILLION JACKPOT SOLD IN MARYLAND

News_Editor

LOTTERY OFFICIALS CONFIRM WINNING TICKET FOR RECORD $640 MILLION JACKPOT SOLD IN MARYLAND

2012-03-31 11:53:51 GMT+7 (ICT)

ATLANTA, GEORGIA (BNO NEWS) -- Lottery officials confirm ticket for record-breaking $640 million jackpot sold in Maryland

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-03-31

I thought that the winner might offer to give 640 people a million each with my name second on the list.

O well.......no harm in dreaming

After taxes they can only give 640 folks 500k each :)

Still I dont think anyone would complain

Saw 50 people in line at the local Mega Millions lotto vending machine yesterday. I have never understood why people only line up in great numbers when the award gets high. The lowest super lotto goes is 3 million. That's still 150K/year for 20 years before taxes. Certianly life changing money. Still, I bought in 5% of a $100 pool. My share still would have been 32 mill. I'm not Maryland so I guess I didn't win. :(

I calculated once that in USA [ Florida] lottery if you take the one time cash payment option with taxes paid upfront the after tax check you receive is actually about 35% of the winning amount they advertise in the media. The $640 mil figure is if you take the 30 year payment option which includes 30 years of interest and then you pay taxes on the check every year. I would take the one time payment, the USA might not even exist 30 years from now!

Yea I would have to take the cash I don't thing I will be around the next 30 years, I think my wife will kill me before then...giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

If you did win and didn't tell her it might be OK but about 30 seconds after she found out.................Oh oh