Education Visa

I attend Thai Solutions thai language school. My first year is ending and I'm in the process of getting another approval and ED visa for another year. For this, I had to take an examination at my school, provided by the Ministry of Education (MOE), and go to the MOE for a short interview.

The examination at the school took about 2 1/2 hours and included very basic speaking and listening. There was some writing, but not Thai script as I did not study Thai script during the first your. I had to count 1-100 in Thai, pronounce all the vowel sounds, make sentences, complete questions and answers from the instructor, use various common vocabulary and conjunctions. It was about medium difficulty but I did well. If I had not attended classes, I definitely would have flunked. I was told the test results would be provided to the MOE.

A couple of days later, I traveled to the MOE with staff from the school where we made the application for the MOE letter to grant a one year ED visa. I sat with the school staff person while I was interviewed, in Thai language of course, by MOE staff. I didn't do so well because it was a new environment, a little noisy, and I'm a bad student...haha. The interview lasted only about 5 minutes: she asked me how I found out about the school, have I traveled around Thailand, what do I do in Bangkok, where do I go, etc. In the end, she approved the letter and will send it to the school.

I don't follow this board very closely so I was not completely aware of both the examination requirement or the interview. It was a little stressful, but I managed.

Edited by Jawnie

I go school in Phuket and never heard about something like this?Sounds like your school is under some investigation maby?You have to go to MOE with staff from school?Sounds very strange.Any other people here on Thaivisa had the same experience?

Edited by stacker10

I go school in Phuket and never heard about something like this?Sounds like your school is under some investigation maby?You have to go to MOE with staff from school?Sounds very strange.Any other people here on Thaivisa had the same experience?

Same for my school in Bangkok (Language Express), finished first/ and second year students have to take the test plus interview at MOE (going together with staff from school), maximum study for 3 years.

Edited by futurespeter