2 Stops Trip To The State

ezzra

Hi all,

I'm planning to travel to the state this July from Bkk, first to LA/ LV and than to NYC/ NJ and back to Bkk

without doubling back on my tracks, for total of about one month,

Any suggestions as to what routs, airlines and fairs be best for that trip?

Thanks,

You're going to pay a bit more for this than a normal return ticket. I'd play around with various search engines, as well as some of the major airlines. United is running some good fares now. So is Korean Air, but the layover can be quite long. I'd also contact a travel agent. With a routing like this, they can many times find better fares than you can via online search engines.

Are you in Bangkok? Maybe some members can recommend a travel agent there?

Thanks for the reply and yes, it did downed on me that it will be a bit complicated trip to put together, I'm in Bkk and i would like to hear any recommendations of a good and decent travel agent.

My wishful plans are, BKK to LAX than to LAS by bus ( 5 Hours) or a flight if a good connection flight can be found,

2 weeks in LAS and back to LAX and than to NYC for 2 weeks and back to BKK.

I've gotten great prices out of LAS to the East Coast. So maybe it's better not to go back to LAX before NYC.

I can recommend Silveroutes Travel. If you're on facebook you can see them at http://www.facebook.com/Silveroutes Tell their director Winston that you know me & he'll get you his best deal. I'm his friend from ECB who is now in Japan; he'll know who I am.

Very confusing, can you please share your exact desired itinerary?

Are you planning on spending any time in LAX? Before LAS? After LAS? Both? This is very, very important to understand as it affects the total number of stopovers.

What is your budget, all in, for airfare?

I checked ual.com, found BKK-LAX (stop-over)-NYC (stop-over)-BKK for $1,574 all in, however you would have to use ground transportation for LAX-LAS-LAX, or a separate air ticket.

Again, with more, precise details you might expect some decent recommendations. Just share the same information you plan to share with a travel agent.

Very confusing, can you please share your exact desired itinerary?

Are you planning on spending any time in LAX? Before LAS? After LAS? Both? This is very, very important to understand as it affects the total number of stopovers.

What is your budget, all in, for airfare?

I checked ual.com, found BKK-LAX (stop-over)-NYC (stop-over)-BKK for $1,574 all in, however you would have to use ground transportation for LAX-LAS-LAX, or a separate air ticket.

Again, with more, precise details you might expect some decent recommendations. Just share the same information you plan to share with a travel agent.

To simplify things, departing Bkk early July, i wish to visit LV, (Las Vegas,) for 2 weeks, than continue on to NYC, ( new Jersey actually)

for 2 weeks and than head back to Bkk,

Check to see if Southwest Airlines has an internet special from NY to LA. It may pay you to take a SW flight back to LA to catch a China Airlines flight to BKK. I generally find China Airlines to have the best prices if you don't mind a stop over in Taipei. I just got a flight from Phoenix to Philadelphia on SW for $208 US for next month when we go back to the states.

Nice thing about SW Airlines is you can get one way tickets cheap. So you could get LAX->LAS and then LAS->NYC easily. The earlier you buy them, the cheaper they are.

This wouldn't work as the open jaw (LAX-NYC) would exceed the limits.

Just look for a multi-city/destination fare: BKK-LAS (stopover)-NYC (destination)-BKK

LAS makes it more expensive, than LAX.

My wishful plans are, BKK to LAX than to LAS by bus ( 5 Hours) or a flight if a good connection flight can be found,

2 weeks in LAS and back to LAX and than to NYC for 2 weeks and back to BKK.

There's a better way to get from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. Get to the Long Beach Airport and they have regular flights there for reasonable prices, probably $60 to $100 US. I haven't taken the flight in years, but the last time I did, I think we were in the air for less than an hour.

Thanks to all the contributors, now i have more option to consider, however UAL BKK-LAX-NYC-BKK option

for about $ 1,650.00 look very interesting and reasonable particularity that UAL are part of the star alliance

group and thus i get the millage for my royal orchid frequent flyer as well,

JET BLUE flies from Las Vegas to both JFK and Newark. Their fares are competitive with Southwest and their planes more comfortable than most. Be sure to try to be flexible on flying dates as a few days can sometimes make a huge fare difference. Also, you'll be able to easily depart from Vegas and return to LAX.

Thanks to all the contributors, now i have more option to consider, however UAL BKK-LAX-NYC-BKK option

for about $ 1,650.00 look very interesting and reasonable particularity that UAL are part of the star alliance

group and thus i get the millage for my royal orchid frequent flyer as well,

Not necessarily: http://www.thaiairways.com/frequent-flyer/en/airlines-booking-class-codes-chart.htm The UA fares may be W/L/S/T, thus 0 mileage accrual. These flights do accrue 100% mileage credit with UA/MP.

United Airlines (UA)

Z (Discounted Business Class)

G/ L/ S/ T/ W

100%

0%