Police Radio

Is it legal to put a police antenna up in your garden,the thai guy who lives opposite to me has put one up 10m on the air and right in my view from my terrace!asked him to move it as he has loads of places to put it,then he goes and puts it up another 2m.he told me it was a police antenna to listen to radios!seems to be a lot of people in and out of his house all the time!

I would try to avoid anyone who has loads of people coming and going from his house and is listening in to the police radio broadcast.laugh.png

Putting structures on your land is almost certainly legal. Although listening into the police is questionnable at best!

does the arial mess with any of your signals in yor house such as tellies of phones etc.

if not then why ask hum ti move it.

he might be police or with rescue. maybe his family memeber is with the govenment anything is possible.

Many people use the black radios not only police but emerency teams airplanes, police, basically all govvernment things and the person shoudl have an ametur radio lisence.

if i was you i would strongly suggest u leave him alone because if he does have it up illiegally then the police can capture these people very quickly.

in other words mind your own business or you might become business

I would try to avoid anyone who has loads of people coming and going from his house and is listening in to the police radio broadcast.laugh.png

Putting structures on your land is almost certainly legal. Although listening into the police is questionnable at best!

there would be no point having a police radio unless you spoke thai and know the radio codes as one would not understand anyway. maybe he works with the government so just leave it. or maybe a family memeber.

If you start to mess with him and he does work with the goernment then you might have trouble. it is just an arial. a bit petty moaning really

Big c what do you mean a bit petty moaning,it is 15m into the sky and about 4m from my terrace,all he has to do is move it to another spot on his land,its not just me saying about it,my gf the same and other neighbors.its the same attitude all round samui,do what ever i want and don't care about anyone else!

I have exactly the same thing going on here with my neighbour. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I can tell just by looking and listening that the guys using it are not officials. They're just a bunch of old men sitting around the radio giggling like school boys whilst drinking and smoking.drunk.gif What a way to spend your retirement, sat around a police radio all daycoffee1.gif

Big c what do you mean a bit petty moaning,it is 15m into the sky and about 4m from my terrace,all he has to do is move it to another spot on his land,its not just me saying about it,my gf the same and other neighbors.its the same attitude all round samui,do what ever i want and don't care about anyone else!

If your gf is bothered then leave it to her. The Thais would be better at clearing the situation if it is clearable.

does the arial block the sea or the mountain?

I cannot say as i do not know the full situation but unless it plays around with any phone signals ot tvs then u may have trouble getting it moved.

You can buy a jammer but if this person had gone to geat lengths to put up an arial to listen to the police then there is a chance that he is something to do with the police and they are the last people u wantr to be making a problem with. hence better for the thai to sort it.

if the aruak is illegal then the police shall find it pretty quick as it is not hard to find

I can tell just by looking and listening that the guys using it are not officials. They're just a bunch of old men sitting around the radio giggling like school boys whilst drinking and smoking.

What on earth could be funny about whatever is said on the police band?

No idea mate, but it seems like something that they like to pass the time with. Drinking, smoking and giggling. "Ohor, Bophut lhaw? he he he" drunk.gif Doesn't seem like they have any serious interest in it, just doing it to be nosey. A bit of excitement?

There used to be this weirdo back home in my village, he used to sit in his house with a big UHF listening to channel 7. Thats the channel the truckers use on the motorway for social chat. My friend told me that this guy never used to put any input in, just sit and listen. Like some kind of creepy weirdo. Guess its an international thing...?

Hope this doesn't offend any members who share this hobbyjap.gif

I can tell just by looking and listening that the guys using it are not officials. They're just a bunch of old men sitting around the radio giggling like school boys whilst drinking and smoking.

What on earth could be funny about whatever is said on the police band?

No idea mate, but it seems like something that they like to pass the time with. Drinking, smoking and giggling. "Ohor, Bophut lhaw? he he he" drunk.gif Doesn't seem like they have any serious interest in it, just doing it to be nosey. A bit of excitement?

There used to be this weirdo back home in my village, he used to sit in his house with a big UHF listening to channel 7. Thats the channel the truckers use on the motorway for social chat. My friend told me that this guy never used to put any input in, just sit and listen. Like some kind of creepy weirdo. Guess its an international thing...?

Hope this doesn't offend any members who share this hobbyjap.gif

Well they do need a license to have a black radio soo up to nature I guess

• 2 weeks later...

It might be me that is the problem. every morning i wake up and get complaints about my arial being too large and blocking the sunlight.

after a few hour i normally go down but i am sorry maybe is hould move bedrooms so when my arial comes up in the morning then it shall be in i a differnt direction.

i am sorry about my extra large arial but for some reason the women never complain