Running A Bar On Samui

do u know why the other personwants to sellor lease?

personally i would not but i am not and expert. some people are better at business than others.

there again i like the bars in samui someone has to run them so i say go for it !

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jdee:

What a load of codswallop ain't got a clue about running a bar obviously had had the beer goggles on ...

Mc Donalds & Starbucks Kentucky or any fast food place will work anywhere in the world whether on top of a mountain or the bottom of a mountain foreigners like to eat what they are used to.

How well do you think Subway in Lamai does? Rarely see anyone in there.

But I'll bite, since you seem to indicate you have the knowledge, tell us how to run a bar, please. Be detailed. Don't leave any salient points out.

How do you know how much Subway makes are you sitting outside the door 24/7 checking there customers that come and go . They are still here . I have a bar that's been in business for 4 years on September so I'm doing not to bad . So what makes you an expert then ? Be detailed please ,

jdee:

What a load of codswallop ain't got a clue about running a bar obviously had had the beer goggles on ...

Mc Donalds & Starbucks Kentucky or any fast food place will work anywhere in the world whether on top of a mountain or the bottom of a mountain foreigners like to eat what they are used to.

But I'll bite, since you seem to indicate you have the knowledge, tell us how to run a bar, please. Be detailed. Don't leave any salient points out.

How do you know how much Subway makes are you sitting outside the door 24/7 checking there customers that come and go . They are still here . I have a bar that's been in business for 4 years on September so I'm doing not to bad . So what makes you an expert then ? Be detailed please ,

I had a sandwich in there and we'll I shall not be going in there agai

There are definitely a couple of bars for sale in Bangrak right now.

Also noticed a 2 or 3 being completely demolished.

There are only 2 or 3 bars/pubs that ever seem to be busy in Bangrak, they are good little bars and well supported by local expats, that is what keeps them going. The rest always seem to be empty or being propped up by a couple of loyal mates.

I think Bangrak is going to get some sort of facelift, revamp, it's a good spot, but the best bar to buy right now in Bangrak is a Snickers....and maybe chew on it for year and see

or a packet of M&Ms biggrin.png

• Like 1

There are definitely a couple of bars for sale in Bangrak right now.

Also noticed a 2 or 3 being completely demolished.

There are only 2 or 3 bars/pubs that ever seem to be busy in Bangrak, they are good little bars and well supported by local expats, that is what keeps them going. The rest always seem to be empty or being propped up by a couple of loyal mates.

I think Bangrak is going to get some sort of facelift, revamp, it's a good spot, but the best bar to buy right now in Bangrak is a Snickers....and maybe chew on it for year and see

or a packet of M&Ms biggrin.png

i suppose thebar business is like any business. if you go into it already with experience then u might have a better shot as for the forigner who wants to stay here longer thinks buying a bar might be the answer with litttle or no experience in that feild then well. i dunno put it this way i would not take on a business that i knew nothing about unless i had money that i could afford to lose. or open with little expense. in that case i am out. this dragon shall not be investing in a bar. as i would like 100 per cent of the profit and i would like that to be millions of pounds. i have not been shown that this can genorate enough income.

As a customer i would like to visit a bar but not buy one. good day! next !

Edited by BigC

At 260 baht each, they would only have to sell 2 footlongs a day to pay their staff.

I would guess that they probably make a tidy profit, given their margins are gigantic and their expenses are almost nothing.

Almost nothing meaning rent, key money, air con, franchise payments and the like? Uh-huh....