Hand Pump For 20 Liter Water Bottle

buadhai

When I lived on Saipan I had a little Chinese-made hand pump that fit on the neck of the five gallon drinking water bottles that we had. This made it very easy to quickly fill containers and the coffee pot with water.

I've been looking for something similar here in Korat but haven't seen anything like it. Of course, various styles of dispenser are available, but I'd prefer the convenient little hand pump.

Anyone seen one or know where they are available?

I'm in Korat....

Edited by penzman

We used to use a hand pump that we got from Carrefour.

Now we have a water purifier that can pump straight in a large water container (20L?).

The water container is in a holder that allows the bottle to be tipped so can easily fill smaller bottles of kettles. Bought the holder from a roadside stall.

:o

I saw the water container that teeters back and forth for sale at a big C recently. as for the hand pumps, I saw some at some department store in Ban Mo district of bangkok a few months ago. can't remember the name but remember the store was in a small shopping mall with a McDonalds in Ban Mo.

..thinking of getting one of those pumps too. so, when I relocate the place to get one for myself, will let you know.

Have you considered using a plastic tube to siphon water from one source into the other?

Actually I bought a siphon tube in Big C to clean out the fish tanks every so often and that works very well.

Buadhai, I also have a battery powered (2 D cells) water pump for the 20 litre bottles that I bought at Lotus Tesco in BKK or Makro.

Have you considered using a plastic tube to siphon water from one source into the other?

Actually I bought a siphon tube in Big C to clean out the fish tanks every so often and that works very well.

Buadhai, I also have a battery powered (2 D cells) water pump for the 20 litre bottles that I bought at Lotus Tesco in BKK or Makro.

Funny, after I made my post about the siphoning tube, I though... hmmm, maybe the pumps are probably located the next aisle over at the same store, at a similar price. :o

Thanks for all the replies. It appears that I haven't been looking hard enough.

Glad to know a variety of solutions are available.

Not sure I want to siphon the fish tanks and the drinking water with the same tube though. Hey, I could buy two tubes...

:o

Buadhai

Where is your spirit of adventure.

Using the same tube, you can get all the left over fish food plus the baby fish to give you lots of protien and then you can wash it all down with some nice clean water.

On the other hand if you don't have a fish tank you will probably only need the 1 pipe.

Handy tip 1.

When you are too drunk to lift your glass you can lie on the floor and siphon the liquid straight down. Saves time and breakage of glasses.

:D:o