China Airlines And Ticket Inquiry

ivan96822

I'm flying to BKK in June of this year...When I booked with China Airlines, they sent me an E-Ticket. Is this all I need to get on the plane?

(I do have my passport, as I have traveled to LOS last year). Any responses would be appreciated.

Yes, your passport will be enough. But I do always just printout the e-ticket, so you have the ticket number and other details just in case.

When you check in with your paspsort they will just give you the boarding pass as usual.

have a nice flight.

If you are arriving on a Visa Exempt status (without a visa), print out the e-ticket in case you get asked at Thai immigration - immigration don't have access to airline booking systems and could refuse you entry (unlikely, but easy to guard against by printing the ticket...)

Well many airlines will not let you fly without it. Read the ticket conditions. Have a nice trip back from the airport. wai.gif Seriously if you do not have it contact the airline now.

I still don't get this.

What if, just say, somebody else bought the ticket for me, such as a gift? Do I need to ask them to borrow their credit card while I am away in Thailand?

Please respond.

Well many airlines will not let you fly without it. Read the ticket conditions. Have a nice trip back from the airport. wai.gif Seriously if you do not have it contact the airline now.

I still don't get this.

What if, just say, somebody else bought the ticket for me, such as a gift? Do I need to ask them to borrow their credit card while I am away in Thailand?

Please respond.

It is now a condition of most Airlines that the Cardholder be one of the passengers, so you cannot use someone else's card to purchase a ticket. This is done for obvious security reasons.

I still don't get this.

Please respond.

It is now a condition of most Airlines that the Cardholder be one of the passengers, so you cannot use someone else's card to purchase a ticket. This is done for obvious security reasons.

I simply don't have that credit card anymore. What are my options, if this is so?

Also, I don't think any airline person has asked to see my credit card in the past. I fly probably three times a year.

I still don't get this.

Please respond.

I simply don't have that credit card anymore. What are my options, if this is so?

Also, I don't think any airline person has asked to see my credit card in the past. I fly probably three times a year.

Well; I'm asked almost every time I fly, unless it's Domestic. Don't know what the correct answer is for you but would suggest contacting the Airline. I'm sure they have had this before and have some sort of alternative arrangement. Wouldn't risk just going to the Airport first as could be a bad day !

I have just been confirmed through the agency that the credit card will not be required, as it has already been confirmed electronically. Thanks for the feedback.

So you booked through an agent and paid him with your credit card ?

That explains it. Could have mentioned that in the beginning ohmy.pnghuh.png

Yermanee jap.gif

Hmm, not that sure, if you booked via an agency they should have given you some kind of document , not only an e-ticket from CA. Anyway if all you have is an e-ticket I would not take the risk . I fly CA AMS-BKK 4 times a year and 50% I have to show the credit card and passport, never e-ticket. Better contact the CA office in BKK directly with all your details. They are very helpfull.

Just for reference, I have traveled 13 times to Thailand from the USA. Never was asked for the credit card. But I am aware of the airline statements and the difficulties or special process one mus follow if you buy a ticket for someone else. As more background, I have had the same credit card for 12 years, and have flown the same airlines several times and have frequenty flier program membership in all of them. Just saying that having a consistent track record might explain why I am never asked for the credit card. I never booked any one way flights, or unusual connecting flights with stay overs through intermediate countries.

My wishful plans are, BKK to LAX than to LAS by bus ( 5 Hours) or a flight if a good connection flight can be found,

2 weeks in LAS and back to LAX and than to NYC for 2 weeks and back to BKK.

There's a better way to get from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. Get to the Long Beach Airport and they have regular flights there for reasonable prices, probably $60 to $100 US. I haven't taken the flight in years, but the last time I did, I think we were in the air for less than an hour.

I have not read all the comments.

You will need your card

You will need to submit your pp and e-ticket and obtain a boarding pass

Good to go!

We are flying to LAS direct via ICN on Korean Airlines. the layover is hellish but we have camping gear. With prices going up daily do not think you are going to grab a seat for 60 bucks so fast. Then you have the costs of getting to Long Beach. You can do some of it by public transport but then you will need a taxi for part of it. So...add about 200.00 to the cost perhaps. Faster and cheaper just to fly from LAX. When we looked at that option we had over night issues as well as prices 100$+ OW.

You can grab a cheap bus to LAS but you have to get to that bus and w/o a car you will have to take a bus to Disneyland and then another bus running hither and yon that arrives in Roland Hts to then maybe take you to LAS. All the while you have just come off an Intl flight - lovely.

Edited by bangkokburning