Renting Jet Ski On Ko Lan

callofduty

Sounds to me that Tropo hires jet ski's out on Ko Larn, or has an ongoing concern.

Exactly the opposite - I rent jetskis on Koh Larn with no concern.

It's surprising that a member reporting trouble free jetskiing on Koh Larn is upsetting so many people who automatically assume there must be scams going on there because they do on the mainland.

Edited by tropo

You may not have any problems.

Just cary a spare 80,000 Bt in case they decide to entrap/extort/defraud/assault/kidnap.

DO NOT EXPECT THE POLICE TO HELP YOU.

That's bright - carry the money around with you to give to anyone who asks for it.

Sounds to me that Tropo hires jet ski's out on Ko Larn, or has an ongoing concern.

Exactly the opposite - I rent jetskis on Koh Larn with no concern.

It's surprising that a member reporting trouble free jetskiing on Koh Larn is upsetting so many people who automatically assume there must be scams going on there because they do on the mainland.

There was a report in a local paper last year but i could not find the article. Also one of the jet ski owners was murdered there back in 2009, rummered to have been by competitor but never solved from what i gather.

Here is a good english speaking Chinese tourist being scammed there. I am surprised he was allowed to film it. Looks like another tourists holiday ruined.

He rarely goes there.He likes to win petty arguments.He should concentrate on his cardio more then what is written on tv

Edited by Markland

He rarely goes there.He likes to win petty arguments.He should concentrate on his cardio more then what is written on tv

LOL. Just did 1:45 (hours) of cardio down at the gym. I'm probably using my time a lot more effectively than the likes of you... perhaps drinking too much beer?

I have personal experience renting jetskis on Koh Larn. I enjoy jetskiing on Koh Larn. My wife really loves jetskiing and insists that we do it whenever we go there. Sometimes we go with friends and rent 2 or 3. I'd say that gives me some reason to post on this thread - unlike you who is merely here to talk nonsense and wind people up. Is that being petty?

(I see you just joined up last week. What was your other ID before being banned? Obviously you must have been a member for quite some time as you've been reciting information from 3 years ago)

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Here is a good english speaking Chinese tourist being scammed there. I am surprised he was allowed to film it. Looks like another tourists holiday ruined.

Well done - you've been searching hard.

In this particular video there probably has been damage caused and they're arguing over how much he should pay for damages. It's also not at Tawaen Beach, where I rent.

Sorry Tropo but from your touchy replies it does look like there may be an ongoing concern indeed.

Most responders are warning the guy about the possible pitfalls of renting here and with all that's been going on most of the warnings are fairly justifiable.

I've regularly rented jet ski's in the past as well without any issue but would also give the same warnings if anyone asks.

As well as that you said "My wife really loves jetskiing and insists that we do it whenever we go there."....I thought you told Markland you live there.....

ok so here is what went down

hired out a jet ski last saturday, initially asked for 1000 per 30m and we (thai gf) walked off to the next guy who then asked for 800. we wanted to ride around the whole island and make a short stop to Koh Sak, the guy said OK but he wanted to sit on the back, that was fine. So we bargained him down to 1500 for 1 hour.

Rode it reasonably fast but not crazy. Turned out to be a great tour of the island.

three things in our favour: thai gf came with me, jet ski operator sat on the back (doubled up as tour guide), and we didnt ride it like we stole it.

tawaen beach it is then after singkran,I better not get ripped off tropo i am trusting your word on this

Going go rent a jet ski eh?

You're not the same guy in the tsunami thread that went down to the beach to watch it , are you?

tawaen beach it is then after singkran,I better not get ripped off tropo i am trusting your word on this

Going go rent a jet ski eh?

You're not the same guy in the tsunami thread that went down to the beach to watch it , are you?

no i was only joking but i do go koh larn allot next time i will sit on that beach all day looking for scams..never seen one before

maybe i will bump into tropo.Judging my his comments i presume he is the big broad muscular guy

Edited by Rimmer
Inflammatory

I had visions of all three of you being around the size of myself, a lardy 90kg + (well perhaps not your g/f though, sorry).

Glad you had a good time.

Cheers

Edited by soihok