Soi Dao Golf Course Chanthaburi

JAS21

My wife and I played there last week, we opted for the play-stay-play package which was 2800 Baht. Caddy fee is 250Baht and the buggy is another 650Baht. So the stay came to about 6100 Baht with the caddy tip. Not too bad I suppose for two rounds of golf each, overnight accommodation and breakfast.

We actually walked the first nine holes on the first day and then decided on a buggy as it's pretty hilly and quite long. My wife played off the micky mouse tees and I played off those a couple further back ... definately long from there and I needed a driver on one of the par 3s!! 220+ to the flag and most of it over water.

The accommodation is OK, food is good and there is a nice swimming pool.The course was in really good condition,well cut and the auto watering system works well. Greens were excellent and quite fast. Skill and interest of caddys varied.

All in all well worth the trip, especially if it's on the way to or back from Koh Chang..

Edited by JAS21

That was 2,800 Baht EACH????

Last time I played there it was 2,800 Baht per room of 2 golfers with unlimited golf.

NO

Were you the one at school who always had RTFQ written on your exam paper? wink.png

Edited by JAS21

Thanks, good report, keep them coming. Often wondered about this course as passed it quite a few times on the family holiday run down the 317 to Chantaburi - Koh Chang.

Myself and a few buds are off to Northern Rangsit after Songkran, its now fully opened again and we have spoken with the Office folk there. My Thai golf guide book shows a great deal of water, have you played it at all?.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Soi Dao - Amazing track, 5 stars all the way.

Sport Day is on Thursday - 800 including caddy, although it gets busy! Last time I was there on a Thursday they ran out of caddies - I had the starter caddy for me and my mate had one of the kiosk girls. Great day. Been there 4 times now, however the course is in the 'highlands' and in the wet season the course is very very wet. In fact once a whole fairway was out of play due to flooding. So avoid wet season. Time it right though and it is a fantastic course, no two holes the same, lots of different elevations, fantastic layout, well maintained and nice caddies.Wish it was closer!